Sign in to follow this  
fleendo

777 beacon light illumination on the wing

Since the bottom beacon light is illuminating the engines can you please include the top beacon light illumination on the wing too?

That would be awesome because I also enjoy not just the cockpit but also the wingview at cruising altitudes during darkness. It feels so realistic and I like the opportunity to switch between pilot and passanger. It just makes long flights more pleasant and thrilling with the 777.

Here are some photos:

Wingview without beacon light illumination.

nE74NzU.jpg

Wingview with beacon light illumination (on the upper part of the wing).

I0Hy25P.jpg

i2NMsTU.jpg

Patrick Helzer

This barely noticeable to me in your screen shots, perhaps embedding the YouTube video would a better representation of the beacon casting light on the wing top.

This barely noticeable to me in your screen shots, perhaps embedding the YouTube video would a better representation of the beacon casting light on the wing top.

Yeah I made the screenshots too early.

More at the end of the video is that what I mean...

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbRLnebP0qU

The following two screenshots are better examples because thats when the 777 is reaching cruising speed with retracted flaps so the beacon light illumination is noticeable:

ubHUIOC.jpg

EOctqVs.jpg

Patrick Helzer