I am puzzled...I unplugged my pro flight yoke from its current USB port, and replaced it with my headset (my headset had mysteriously stopped working, so I tried a new port). I eventually discovered the problem for the headset. I plugged the headset into another port. I re-plugged the yoke and got an ominous message...it indicated that the yoke had not been installed (I don't remember the exact words). I've tested it in other USB ports, but nothing works! In addition, I don't see it reflected in the Device Manager. The yoke's clock screen is totally blank, and the light on the quadrant is unlit. Interestingly, my Saitek rudder pedals work fine (it shows up in Device Manager as well). In addition, my Saitek Radio panel and Multi panel are working. I've consulted MadCatz, and they suggested the following:

-Open the control panel and select the System and security
-Select power options
-Under your current preferred power plan, please select the "Change Plan Settings" option then click on the "Change Advanced Power Settings"
-Click on the USB settings tab to access the USB selective suspend setting
-If you have this option disabled then enable it. If the power setting is already enabled then disable it.
-Hit apply then OK and close the power options page.
-Open the control panel and select hardware and sound
-Open device manager
-Open universal serial bus controls
-Right click on any USB root hubs or the generic USB hub and select properties> power management
-Untick allow the computer to turn off this device to save power

I am using Windows 7 pro 64 bit; HP ProDesk 400 G1 MT; 3.3GHz; 8192MB RAM; Direct X 11; Default System BIOS.

I've tried everything, but nothing has worked! Any suggestions?

Try searching in windows for updates-check for updates-and you should see saitek yoke and update it. Happens to me off and on. 

Jonathon James

Are there still any possible USB power issues? I was told to update the chipset drivers? How do I go about doing that?

I am using Windows 7 pro 64 bit; HP ProDesk 400 G1 MT; 3.3GHz; 8192MB RAM; Direct X 11; Default System BIOS.

johnnycaptain is right; I have the same issues from time to time.  Although I use FSUIPC to assign axes, I find I have to reinstall Saitek drivers and then the hardware is again recognised.  It must refresh things in the windows registry?

I don't see the saitek yoke in the Windows Update section (Interestingly, the saitek pedals appears there). I completed the updates anyway. The green light on the throttle/prop/ mixture quadrant (attached to the yoke) is on, but the clock/timer on the yoke is still blank! The yoke is still not working. I am still not sure if a power/ USB issue is the problem.

I want to try something else.  I will uninstall and reinstall the drivers. What is the uninstall process for the yoke saitek drivers? 

Thanks for your help.

Not a solution but a possible cause is that the drivers that Mad Catz/ Saitek issue might not be digitally signed/approved by Microsoft. Not unusual with them and very frustrating. This results in Windows 'rejecting' the drivers 1st chance it gets and in your case, unplugging the device might have caused this.

With the units plugged in, go to Device Manager and look for yellow caution triangle icons in the list. Right click to remove/delete these devices and then restart Windows and reinstall the driver. If you can find updated drivers, do download those first. Also, as suggested, look for a motherboard BIOS update that might address any USB issues. This will be issued by you motherboard manufacturer and there should be step by step instructions on how to do it. Fairly simple to do.

Another option if all else fails is to attempt to install the driver after booting into safe mode.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Not a solution but a possible cause is that the drivers that Mad Catz/ Saitek issue might not be digitally signed/approved by Microsoft. Not unusual with them and very frustrating. This results in Windows 'rejecting' the drivers 1st chance it gets and in your case, unplugging the device might have caused this.

With the units plugged in, go to Device Manager and look for yellow caution triangle icons in the list. Right click to remove/delete these devices and then restart Windows and reinstall the driver. If you can find updated drivers, do download those first. Also, as suggested, look for a motherboard BIOS update that might address any USB issues. This will be issued by you motherboard manufacturer and there should be step by step instructions on how to do it. Fairly simple to do.

Another option if all else fails is to attempt to install the driver after booting into safe mode.

The driver "appears" to have been installed successfully, but the yoke/quadrant is still dead. I want to look at one more issue--software. How can I uninstall the yoke software and reinstall it? I don't see an uninstall option. If this info helps, I am using Windows 7 pro 64 bit; HP ProDesk 400 G1 MT; 3.3GHz; 8192MB RAM; Direct X 11; Default System BIOS.

Are you sure it is not a problem with the USB plugs on your motherboard? Have you tried plugging in your working rudder pedals to a slot you cannot get the yoke to work in? This will help rule out a problem with the USB hardware in your PC. Still, a BIOS update might work and I would definitely try that as the next step. It can only improve things generally for you PC, so nothing lost trying this.

Also, consider trying to install the yoke/throttle and driver in another PC. This will help rule out or confirm the controllers themselves being faulty.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Are you sure it is not a problem with the USB plugs on your motherboard? Have you tried plugging in your working rudder pedals to a slot you cannot get the yoke to work in? This will help rule out a problem with the USB hardware in your PC. Still, a BIOS update might work and I would definitely try that as the next step. It can only improve things generally for you PC, so nothing lost trying this.

Also, consider trying to install the yoke/throttle and driver in another PC. This will help rule out or confirm the controllers themselves being faulty.

I am afraid to unplug my pedals. I may end up losing them with this crazy system. Again, the system seemed to indicate that the drivers were finally set up Okay.

I am afraid to unplug my pedals. I may end up losing them with this crazy system. Again, the system seemed to indicate that the drivers were finally set up Okay.

I tried the switch (Finally!) The pedals light came back on when I reconnected the USB plug. The yoke still isn't working.

I got my yoke back in 2009. I don't recall ever getting an installation CD with this. Were the yokes ever shipped out with installation CDs?

I am going to attempt one final optional fix before I call this project "quits"....

I have been getting a run around with the Mad Catz support folks in my efforts to locate--and COMPLETELY uninstall--the Saitek pro flight yoke INSTALLATION SOFTWARE.They keep referring me to the information for the uninstalling of the drivers! Can someone on this forum tell me how to locate and totally uninstall the pro flight yoke installation software on Windows 7? I am using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit; HP ProDesk 400 G1 MT; 3.3GHz; 8192MB RAM; Direct X 11; Default System BIOS. Thanks for your kind assistance.

I really appreciate all the assistance I've received thus far with this issue :smile: !