Sign in to follow this  
shivers9

My New Old Add On!

Lately I have tired of waiting for the release of something from one of the good developers. I don't like drone operated tubliners. Don't care much for any of the flying textures on a string. There are some nice Turbo planes out there but never have really been confortable with how FSX and Prepar3D handle the engines. I was starting to wonder why I did this stuff at all lol. It really came down to the fact that what I really like are little airplanes with two piston engines banging away while I look down on the earth from 8000 ft as I bounce around. After some research it came down to the Real Air Piston Duke that just seems to be always around the bend and the much loved Milviz Cessna 310R. After a quick repurchase to make sure I had all the right stuff for P3D and the GTN 650/750 I was airborn and it just felt right. Flew around a couple of hours and landed back in Pensacola. I now have One add on aircraft on my system. Smooth and 40-48 FPS....heavy rain down around 30. Not bad. So in an odd way P3d v3.3.3 has given me a whole new Simulator!!

This all started because I was getting bored with all the screams coming from the users of some very old scenery files as the Prepar3D wheels ground forward and consumed their airports. Progress can sometimes be painful. I always get a smile on my face when someone on the forums ask "Do I have to upgrade to the new version." You don't have to but keep an eye out for that big ole wheel of progress. It never stops turning.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Lately I have tired of waiting for the release of something from one of the good developers. I don't like drone operated tubliners. Don't care much for any of the flying textures on a string. There are some nice Turbo planes out there but never have really been confortable with how FSX and Prepar3D handle the engines. I was starting to wonder why I did this stuff at all lol. It really came down to the fact that what I really like are little airplanes with two piston engines banging away while I look down on the earth from 8000 ft as I bounce around. After some research it came down to the Real Air Piston Duke that just seems to be always around the bend and the much loved Milviz Cessna 310R. After a quick repurchase to make sure I had all the right stuff for P3D and the GTN 650/750 I was airborn and it just felt right. Flew around a couple of hours and landed back in Pensacola. I now have One add on aircraft on my system. Smooth and 40-48 FPS....heavy rain down around 30. Not bad. So in an odd way P3d v3.3.3 has given me a whole new Simulator!!

This all started because I was getting bored with all the screams coming from the users of some very old scenery files as the Prepar3D wheels ground forward and consumed their airports. Progress can sometimes be painful. I always get a smile on my face when someone on the forums ask "Do I have to upgrade to the new version." You don't have to but keep an eye out for that big ole wheel of progress. It never stops turning.

Well done, Sam.

That's how I feel when I take my A2A Cherokee up over my own EGOW Woodvale scenery (compiled with the P3D SDK, BTW).

I am also in FS Heaven - I have actually flown from/around EGOW in a Warrior II, also filmed my RW flights (as baggage) from the front passenger seat, and I'm flying the same R27 approach over the dual carrageway in P3D 3.3.

It can't get any better than this.

Ok, I'm having the same problems as other UK2000 users of EGGP & EGCC, but what the heck, I know that Gary won't let us down. So meanwhile I'm practicing my 'local' approaches...

I take my hat off to LM. May this progress continue.

As an 'old' ASM programmer of sorts (I even had my own 3d clouds in FS 5 using SCASM) I realise the problems which Gary & others are facing. I only hope that it doesn't cost me too much....

Regards

Bill