Sign in to follow this  
nriddell

Gyro Compass and VOR Indicator

I also believe there may be a bug here.

I have flown the aircraft without problem for about ten hours.  No AFE, using checklists - all well.  Now when I try to fly today using cold/dark (as all flights before) and with same flows, checklists & switch positions as before the pilot's dg/compass system freezes after the airplane is turned about 30 degrees in taxi.  I don't have infinite time to debug it but I spent about a hour trying CB's, inverter, gen switch positions - reloads - plugin removals etc. and it keeps recurring.  The slave/unslave switch has no effect.  The copilot's DG and the whiskey compass operate properly.  All failure screens in XP are green and turned off.

Will keep trying to figure out what's going on.  Again everything was working fine and I've changed nothing ?????  Using XP-10.45 WIN7 64 NVIDIA drivers

Best all,

Charles Rizzi

Update - I think this is related to a scenery file issue.  With no add-on scenery I can not duplicate the problem.  Also with a newly downloaded copy of the add-on scenery I was using the problem seems to be gone.  We'll see.

I was having no other problems with the original scenery file and it was throwing no error messages in log.txt but apparently something in there was corrupted and messing with the "cold & dark" state button of the DC-6??  If your pilot side compasses freeze perhaps try not loading any add-on scenery.

If you suspect a plug I'd go into the plugin manager and disable all other plugins except the PMDG and see if you can duplicate the issue with just the PMDG plugin loaded.

Hi Kyle - From memory, the Battery is on 'Plane Battery' and the Bat/GPU is 'Off'. I am just home from work just now and so will do some further testing this evening and keep you appraised as to how I get on. I will also go through various AFE scenarios and see what they produce.

Again, I appreciate your help with this and hopefully my incompetence can be resolved soon!!! 

Hi nriddel, if the Batt/GPU is off, there is the problem, maybe you confuse the switch to turn off in order to disconnect ground power. It Happend to me once and I thought at this post.

Marco Scuto