Sign in to follow this  
Avcomware

THE COMMANDER 112A AOPA THE SWEEP STAKE

Guest beana51

AOPA tells us that the free download created by FLIGHT ONE , for them,has reached 16,749 wishful people. This "Glass panel" plane will be had by a lucky guy/gal in Tampa Fla. in Nov.Great refurbished plane,great Sim plane,and good job by Flight 1. I thank AOPA, and Fight 1 ,for a great addition in my hanger. Now back to practiceing on how to use that glass panel.I wanna be ready!! VINAOPA #00702299

Hi.I hope the AOPA aircraft has fewer problems than Flight1. This is the only aircraft on my system, and some other pilots that I interface with, that locks up every time I use it, and try to use the glass gauge settings / using the mouse.I cannot load it into an existing location with a pre existing flight plan and it has a very limited set of features that are simulated, compared to the real combo. It is my hope that they will release another patch, and fix it. This does not look very good for Flight1. TV

Considering it is free I think it looks pretty good for Flight One.In any case most payware add ons recomend that you save your default startup situation as the default MS one (c172 at ksea) and load any "add on" aircraft only after booting up with this situation. Just an idea-if you are already doing this, I hope you can find an answer to the problems you have.I wanted that twin Commanche last year-but I'd take the Commander I guess.... .-)http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest beana51

Hi, I believe you.Its really good candy however,I like it because of the remarkable Glass Panel depiction.The manuals accompanying this model are extensive.My experience to date with glass ,is peeking ,and drooling into planes so equipped.Now I have a more familiar look of it.Simulated of course.As an introduction to the real thing ,it may help to begin to understand that this new tech does require proficiency for real world navigation.. So! I"ll sit in the Sim cockpit,on the ground,and try to teach an OLE dog a new trick.Namely me. "SEE YA IN TAMPA" VIN

One important thing is to always load aircraft in the 2-D panel.If you load the aircraft from an external view or the VC - some of the gauges will not load properly.This is the way FS is designed.Another aircraft which I had similar problems with would never load from a saved flight. However, saving a default FS aircraft in the flight - opening the flight - select the addon aircraft - from the 2D panel view - and everything worked perfectly.The more complex the aircraft, the more complex the gauges - the more important this startup process.

Hi.It is a good looking model. I just wished the developers would spend more time on what is important, in my opinion, instrumentation, reliability and flight dynamics. Geof, thank you for the input, I read about it and discovered before the patch, that loading into another saved flight with the VC active would cause a lot of problems. I tried loading it in 2D and things were somewhat better. After the patch, and loading after the 172 default flight, in 2D, things are better but if I start to use the instruments, like to change the Zoom, Declatter etc. it locks up, specially in VC mode which is about the only thing I use. It also does it in 2D. I tried it in 3 of my systems with the same results. If I don

Guest delta_one

Just been flying the Commander 112A and it is an easy plane to control, also i think it has quite sweet flight dynamics although i'm not a real pilot. it needs a reasonable powered computer to run it as the new glass gauges are performance eaters, but its a nice visual model anyway. only thing i wish the developer (Flight1) had done was to make the virtual cockpit more detailed and to provide an option to turn it off if not required.

Guest davidvoogd

I've really enjoyed flying the virtual 112. After the first patch I don't get any performance hit at all from the glass panel. The avionics have somewhat limited functionality but it's still a good addon and you can't beat the price!