Sign in to follow this  
Aramis

Checklist items vs actual aircraft

Gents,

Enjoying the challenge of this immensely, I’m a big fan of the “old iron”.

As such I endeavor to follow procedures as closely as possible.  There are a few checklist items that I cannot correlate to the actual aircraft.   i.e.  I can’t find ‘em!

From the checklist…..

“Heater fuel switch……………………………..NORMAL  (down)”

“Heater, fuel, and ignition selector switches…..SYSTEM NO. 1  (down)”

“Heater backfire warning lights………….OFF  (Push to test)”

I assume these refer to POH page 31, items 206 - 209 .  Is that correct?  (If so, I understand they are INOP as stated.) 

(I’m also unclear on what “SYSTEM NO. 1  (down)” refers to.)

POH page 108 refers to Heater Backfire Warning Lights viz.

“9.11.13. Heater Backfire Warning Lights — Three amber warning lights, mounted

over the fuel control selector switches on the heater control panel, for the three

airfoil anti-icing heaters illuminate when the respective heater backfires severely.

The light(s) will remain on until the switch is reset on the ground.”

POH page 31 picture.... can't see the amber warning lights....  Not modelled?

Also from the checklist....

“Auxiliary hydraulic pump selector valve control lever…… BRAKE SYSTEM   (forward)”

Can I assume this refers to the Emergency Hydraulic controls located on the rear of the centre pedestal (below the Flap lever) ?

Not complaining mind,  but if all the above is the case then I can safely delete the heater references from my checklist.

Thanks for a brilliant aircraft.

cheers

chris from oz

“Auxiliary hydraulic pump selector valve control lever…… BRAKE SYSTEM   (forward)”

Can I assume this refers to the Emergency Hydraulic controls located on the rear of the centre pedestal (below the Flap lever) ?

I'm not on my sim PC so don't remember all positions from memory, but this one for certain is on the left bottom side of the co-pilot's seat, at the floor level; it's a 3 position handle / slider with detents. All 3 detents are labeled.