Sign in to follow this  
ChuckB

CS C-130 Performance Manuals

Guest jbastos123

I'm very tempted to buy the CS C-130 but on the manual available for free download i don't see any performance manuals. For me it's a requirement to have them to calculate take off and landing speeds.Are there more manuals inclueded with the download?Thanks,Jorge

Yes, the third part of the manual is a very detailed performance section... unfortunately not included as a free download for you to review before purchase.Have fun flyin'Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest jbastos123

I've bought it and while there is a performance manual with some nice but not very useful info, like "Landing Ground Roll" and "Limit Flight Speed versus Altitude Chart and Weight Limitations" charts i can't find anywhere info on takeoff and landing speed, climb speed, thrust settings, etc.Quote from Manual II - Normal ProceduresClimb section"After airborne, accelerate to the desired climb speed as determined from the performance charts."Landing section"Touchdown shall be planned at the speed computed from the appropriate landing speed chart."I can't find this charts anywhere.Jorge

Guest Grizzly_Air

>Quote from Manual II - Normal Procedures>>Climb section>"After airborne, accelerate to the desired climb speed as>determined from the performance charts.">>Landing section>"Touchdown shall be planned at the speed computed from the>appropriate landing speed chart.">>I can't find this charts anywhere.>I agree. This is the problem I have with the manuals. I would like to see a chart like you get in most aircraft of rpm settings etc for various altitudes and flight modes. I was curious if the real manual had those things, but there is no way to find out unless I want to plunk down ANOTHER $20 to ANOTHER company to get the real thing. Of course reading the other related thread, apparently it isn't a full manual because the C-130 startup sequence and engine settings are possibly classified. ARGH!Grizzhttp://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130-testpilot.gif

Guest Darren Howie

C-130 startups and performance are far from classified as it is operated by numerous civilian operators.ANyone had the torque gauges freeze after using max reverse on a landing.So far three from three.And from where i am there is no performance info around for cruise torque/rpm settings for climb or cruise.Be nice to hear from one of the Herk drivers as to what torque settings or temps or whatever they use for climb power etc.At least the long awaited Herc is in far better condition on release than the 727 which was a disaster.From my experience with it still is with numerous bugs and issues ranging from a US flight director to fantasy land EPR gauges..But hey its been off my hard drive for a long time.And no my C130 ACE doesnt work either.To tell you the truth its pretty much what i expected after reading the early reports.Its still a beta but a late beta at that with a few niggly problems but nothing to stop you having a great time in the C130.AP works nicely from what i have seen and the FDE feels cool.Not bad but it would of been nice to have a working configurator on release and i am surprised the freezing torque gauges got through.Maybe the guys were not doing multiple take offs and full stop landings into short strips.But not bad and if you are into the Herc goget it you'lllove her.But ##### did they not include any performance info like climb and cruise powers.How bout it Herc drivers.Darren

Guest Grizzly_Air

>But ##### did they not include any performance info like climb>and cruise powers.>How bout it Herc drivers.>DarrenYeah, this has been my concern. I would like to save gas and in a plane of this sort, I would like to think it essential to have the power settings right to conserve fuel on long hauls. Maybe I looked in the wrong place in the manual?Anyone?http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130-testpilot.gif

I think you may have misunderstood my post regarding C-130 publications. It's not that the startup procedures are classified, but if you were to get an actual USAF C-130E(H)-1 from somewhere, there would be a lot of information in it that is not for general public knowledge, unless it had been sterilized, or you received only certain portions of it.If you want the performance charts for a C-130E, you would want to find the C-130E(H)-1-1. That is the performance manual that we use for calculating TOLD. I don't personally see any reason why that could be considered sensitive information, but it is still not readily available for download. I'm an active duty USAF C-130 Flight Engineer, and I cannot just download that information either. All of our pubs are issued to us, so the Tech Order Publications Office in my squadron has to order those books. The books are sent to us, and then distributed.As far as performance goes that I can give you in general without scanning pages and such, here is some stuff you can use...Reduced Power Takeoff T.I.T. 900 degreesMax Continuous T.I.T. 932 degreesMilitary Rated T.I.T. 933-977 for 30 minutesMaximum Power T.I.T. 961-977 for 5 minutesAll of these temps apply unless you reach 19,600 in-lbs of torque, and then you are limited to that torque setting.Also, please take a look at my post on this thread here in the forum regarding performance: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...e=&topic_page=5 Feel free to experiment and see what you come up with. Also check out some of Akflyin's posts about TOLD in the General Discussion Forum. He has posted some performance numbers you can use or at least try to use with regard to the CS C-130.ChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ | ASUS A8V Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2Pro | WD 120 gig HDD | WD 80 gig HDD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | CH Products USB Throttle Quad | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130-testpilot.gif