Sign in to follow this  
N1G

3.3 before the first launch

Hi, I installed 3.3 when it first came out and had the error 5013 "No More Activation's remaining". P3D support fixed this and I was up and going. Now, this Last Thursday My HD crashed and I had to reinstall the OS and of course P3D. On Friday when I installed 3.3, I got the same 5013 message because it seems the something changed and of course and of course I was unable to properly uninstall. So one of those reasons have prevented me from launching. With that known, here comes the $1000 question.

Since P3D has not been launched and scenery file index have not been built, and whatever else takes place on initial load, can I during this waiting period before P3D support can fix me again, can I install all of my addons even though P3D has not been launched initially? At least I can get something accomplished.

Regards

Bob

Hi, I installed 3.3 when it first came out and had the error 5013 "No More Activation's remaining". P3D support fixed this and I was up and going. Now, this Last Thursday My HD crashed and I had to reinstall the OS and of course P3D. On Friday when I installed 3.3, I got the same 5013 message because it seems the something changed and of course and of course I was unable to properly uninstall. So one of those reasons have prevented me from launching. With that known, here comes the $1000 question.

Since P3D has not been launched and scenery file index have not been built, and whatever else takes place on initial load, can I during this waiting period before P3D support can fix me again, can I install all of my addons even though P3D has not been launched initially? At least I can get something accomplished.

Regards

Bob

Use this program to make a backup on an ongoing basis for your entire HD. If your HD ever crashes, install  a new HD, start this program, and it will rebuild your new HD to be an exact copy of your former HD. The paid version even lets you save all your files which has saved me many times when something got corrupted. http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi Bob,

Hi, yes I was aware of Backups but do not bother anymore as I have always thought that if my gaming machine HD ever goes bad, it will be a good thing to reinstall the OS as it becomes cluttered through the years. There is always something going on inside your OS that you are not aware of. Now that sounds like something from the twilight zone LOL! The reinstall is a snap and it gives me something to do. 

Do you know the answer to the question I asked? Any input?

Bob

Hi Bob,

Hi, yes I was aware of Backups but do not bother anymore as I have always thought that if my gaming machine HD ever goes bad, it will be a good thing to reinstall the OS as it becomes cluttered through the years. There is always something going on inside your OS that you are not aware of. Now that sounds like something from the twilight zone LOL! The reinstall is a snap and it gives me something to do. 

Do you know the answer to the question I asked? Any input?

Bob

Replacing the OS is a good idea, and I must admit, I avoid that at all costs. Got too many programs that I would have to reinstall and reconfigure. Don't know the answer to your question. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Good question.

When you Install Prepar3D V3.3 and before you activate it,   

It will create the 2 Folders in Documents no problem  

AppData\Local: It will create your .fxml and .wx file in  with only 1 Yellow folder "Effects"    Controls and Shaders will be missing.  

AppData\Roaming:  It will create only 7 files and No yellow folders.  4 files will be missing along with 3 yellow folders Controls,  Simobjects and Substitutions 

ProgramData:   It will create 23 files but only 1 yellow folder "Resources"   1 files will be missing along with 2 yellow folders  Facilities and SceneryIndexes 

Personally i would wait Until you load up Prepar3D properly and then Install your Software 

Replacing the OS is a good idea, and I must admit, I avoid that at all costs. Got too many programs that I would have to reinstall and reconfigure. Don't know the answer to your question. 

Hi Bob, 

Now my personal machine I do backup and insure I get everything to the cloud. I keep all my addons on a portable drive, nice and organized. This is the first time I have had to reinstall the OS in 10 years. Anyway, thanks Bob for  chiming in,  I do appreciate it!

Bob

Good question.

When you Install Prepar3D V3.3 and before you activate it,   

It will create the 2 Folders in Documents no problem  

AppData\Local: It will create your .fxml and .wx file in  with only 1 Yellow folder "Effects"    Controls and Shaders will be missing.  

AppData\Roaming:  It will create only 7 files and No yellow folders.  4 files will be missing along with 3 yellow folders Controls,  Simobjects and Substitutions 

ProgramData:   It will create 23 files but only 1 yellow folder "Resources"   1 files will be missing along with 2 yellow folders  Facilities and SceneryIndexes 

Personally i would wait Until you load up Prepar3D properly and then Install your Software 

Hey Poppet, I have always stayed on the side of caution and was not going to do anything unless I got a definitive answer.

I don't believe I have ever seen this question asked before, but then again the 5013 error will only arise when something major changes with your hardware, or when you did not uninstall P3D properly for whatever reason. Not sure if the uninstall is really true but it sounds logical. If P3D sees another install on a single license but did not see the uninstall, then this type of tracking by them is certainly possible for sure.

Thanks

Bob

The tracking is factual. You must always uninstall or else your license is locked until they fix it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The tracking is factual. You must always uninstall or else your license is locked until they fix it.

I thought so. Thanks Ed

Yep, still waiting. Now I am forced to vacuum the house.

Bob