Sign in to follow this  
Fsxsimmer758

Fix bloom problem

Hi

I seem to have a problem with HDR when I look at fmc for a while and switch back to pilots view the bloom is too bright and to make it dimmer I have to go to locked spot view and back to vc view.

Pic 1- Bloom is bright in sky- http://imgur.com/gtinIDd

Pic 2- Bloom is dim again after switching to outside view and back into vc- http://imgur.com/Ulv3MeP

Any tips ?

Thanks 

Best tip I have read so far: turn off HDR (and hence bloom). I had similar problems that in order to 'reset' bloom I had to look left out of the window (to fill the screen with outside scenery) to get rid of the bloom. Very annoying. In the end I got sick and tired of it and turned it all off. After having to get used to the other look of the sim for some 5 minutes (and adjusting a few monitor settings), I have to say I love it now. Imho things look better without HDR. Somehow I couldn't get good HDR/bloom settings with the sliders no matter what. 

Maybe using PTA and disabling the adaption effect, which I assume is causing this, would be another option. You then still have the use of the HDR parameters so have a greater range of options to tune your visuals, as well as the extra stuff PTA provides.

I run very little bloom, but enjoy some extra saturation, which you lose turning HDR off.