Sign in to follow this  
csquared4290

A/T won't Hold SEL Speed

Hello fellow Simmers.

Just an intermediate enthusiast checking in here, but seeking some help to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

My issue: The A/T won't match the speed selected/programmed into the FMC/route. I tried searching a bit but I couldn't seem to find a thread that matches my issue, so I'm deducing that it's probably me not doing something correctly, rather than a fault in the software. Or I could be just a noob and not be using the right search terms :P

So for instance, say I program everything as it should and ask the FMC to calculate speeds/fuel consumption etc. I'll go to the LEGS menu and I'll obviously see that the cruise speed at TOD will be way too fast upon first calculation (Example pictured here, KLAX>PHNL, cruise alt set at FL370, but the computer will say cruise speed is 0.90 Mach--WAY too fast--from the decent hours I've spent at the helm of the 777 (for an amateur), I know the plane's best cruising at around 0.80-0.83 Mach.

So I'll go through the computer to fix the speed to 0.83M whereever I can but no matter what I do, the A/T will sit almost literally at redline all flight--I might get a wind gust which will push me, but I won't get an OS warning, but I just don't understand why the plane won't listen to my input.

I've attached all the menus I think are relevant and a shot of my cockpit.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks everyone! Happy flying.

Vitals:

Windows 10x64

FSX-SE

ActiveSky Next

Orbx + (some third party airports, but irrelevant to the issue)

Pics (via imgur):

Cockpit (see how I'm sitting at redline on speed?)

VdDutTI.jpg

Relevant FMC menus 

ZKm1Uqh.jpg

jUQKZKy.jpg

CBnA5BA.jpg

dhEnPdT.jpg

Cockpit (see how I'm sitting at redline on speed?)

Are you letting another program set your fuel or passenger loads?

Kyle Rodgers

Are you letting another program set your fuel or passenger loads?

Holy fast reply batman :)

Hi Scandinavian13--thanks for the quick response.

I used to use FSPassengersX to fix the load/passengers manifest, but I disabled the "Weight/Fuel" option and have since resorted to PMDG's integrated Payload setup. That is what I did here and have been doing for a while.

I used to use FSPassengersX to fix the load/passengers manifest, but I disabled the "Weight/Fuel" option and have since resorted to PMDG's integrated Payload setup. That is what I did here and have been doing for a while.

Looking at your PROG page, you are arriving at your destination with 207000 pounds of fuel. That is WAY too much. Your MAX FL is 330, but you're forcing it up to FL370 for some reason.

Where are you getting these fuel numbers? Have you flown the tutorials?

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Looking at your PROG page, you are arriving at your destination with 207000 pounds of fuel. That is WAY too much. Your MAX FL is 330, but you're forcing it up to FL370 for some reason.

Where are you getting these fuel numbers? Have you flown the tutorials?

Welp, it definitely looks like it's me who's done goofing. :P

I have skimmed over the Tutorials/Manuals--but admittedly proper fuel planning is something I have yet to tackle and learn to the fullest extent. I've just been assuming that I can fly pretty much anywhere with at least 75% full tank, if not a full tank on the extra long haul flights, while managing the cargo payloads and to make sure I don't exceed the plane's Gross Weight and Load Level Max.

so far my amateur FSim experience was to see if I could complete a flight on max realism/settings and then usually I go backwards and figure out what else I need to do to get myself closer to replicating the experience as a whole.

I'll definitely look into the fuel planning much more now and go back to the manuals.

Thanks for the direction!

C

Thanks for the direction!

Welcome.

For what it's worth SimBrief.com offers some resources for free that might be helpful.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers