Sign in to follow this  
cannow

very high Vas Usuage V3.3

Hi All

There is lots of talk here on scenary and z-bias very little on the sudden increase in VAS usuage . Struggling to take off from aerosoft heathrow with an airbus   . Loads at 3.3 pan around 3.6gig . Take off oom on modest settings . I have a profile for airline use and just gone from a triple screen to a single 1080p monitor should  have reduced vas usuage . New York City X I have not yet found a way of loading it with a heavy, stock KJFK and a stock a36 ooms it and yes I could before the 3.3 update. I can live with shimmering airports but need a sim I can use . Autogen is sparse by the way. What is going on. I can turn back to 3.2 but at some time I will need to update so will need to resolve.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Hi All

There is lots of talk here on scenary and z-bias very little on the sudden increase in VAS usuage . Struggling to take off from aerosoft heathrow with an airbus   . Loads at 3.3 pan around 3.6gig . Take off oom on modest settings . I have a profile for airline use and just gone from a triple screen to a single 1080p monitor should  have reduced vas usuage . New York City X I have not yet found a way of loading it with a heavy, stock KJFK and a stock a36 ooms it and yes I could before the 3.3 update. I can live with shimmering airports but need a sim I can use . Autogen is sparse by the way. What is going on. I can turn back to 3.2 but at some time I will need to update so will need to resolve.

Some members of the P3D Facebook group I belong to have had this VAS  problem, and reported that they had to roll back to 3.2 to solve it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes will be doing the same later tonight will report back when done .

Colin hodds

Yes will be doing the same later tonight will report back when done .

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=119535

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

A friend of mine [bernard] has experimented with v3.2 and v3.3 the VAS consumption. The result was a consumption increased on v3.3.Some screenshots to show the differences between both versions.

P3D v3.2, flight departure:
32_01.jpg

P3D v3.3, same start:
33_01.jpg

P3D v3.2, an hour's flight approximately:
32_09.jpg

P3D v3.3, five minutes flight:
33_06.jpg

P3D settings for the test to show the possibilities of the version 3.2 that do not offer any more the version 3.3:
reglages.jpg

Theses settings allow to fly easily on v3.2 and why they do not with v3.3?  Decrease them would only allow to save time before the inevitable crash.

On Orbx Global, the VAS rise quite slowly, 3Mo moreover, 2 less, and so on, the VAS never realy decreases, it is a fact that are needed hours to fill VAS in this case, in the situation which I show, it is very fast!

Other experiment on a P3D v3.3 fresh full install and baisc scenery

Capture_d_cran_14.jpg
Capture_d_cran_15.jpg
Capture_d_cran_16.jpg
Capture_d_cran_17.jpg
Capture_d_cran_18.jpg
Capture_d_cran_19.jpg
Capture_d_cran_20.jpg
Capture_d_cran_21.jpg
Capture_d_cran_22.jpg

Flyght time: 5 mn, if the quantity fluctuates, the quantity stays in the increase.

Question: Does somebody experiment the same thing ?

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

Just re-installed 3.2 Loaded up DD KJFK and New York city x sitting in my airbus 318 with between 3.2 and 3.4gig spare vas . That's is with asn and 50 ai planes . Same setup on 3.3 oomed before loading to 100%. . Similar reduction from 3.6 gig  to 3.2 gig on egll . My 3.3 install was clean win 10 fresh install and a full new install of prep3d not an update All I have done to go back is reinstall client scenary and content and reloade ftx global and hd trees . Reapplied rex and good to do.

Colin hodds

I to had this issue and did not go through the experiment i just reinstalled V3.2.3 and right back in the saddle. At JFK with NYC X low textures and PMDG 777 vas was fine.