Sign in to follow this  
zip104

Hissing sound on same out put as engines

Hello

First thanks to all involved with the DC6(wife for cash also)

I have a problem with what sounds like hissing static on the same channel as the engines.The sound is there with engines sound and volume level matches the slider output level.The hiss is external on all views and internal at same noise level.No issues with other aircraft or other software.

Please note i read all dc6 forum posts related to sound before posting here.

I followed all the guidance found with them.I also re-downloaded the aircraft and re-installed.

Amd7850k,Kingstonhyperx2133mhz(16gb)R9 280.Creative soundblaster z pcie soundcard.

All other sound(hdmi through gpu)and onboard are disabled and the soundcard is no1 on the runway.

Thx for any guidance on the issue.

Dean Stansfield.

I have a problem with what sounds like hissing static on the same channel as the engines.

Do you hear this while on the ground?

Kyle Rodgers

Its louder on external views(tower view as example).Its there on the ground as well as in flight.Not there when engines are not running.

If its wind roar it does not change its the same constant level,only adjustable from changing engine volume output level.

I can hear the engines and props ,but the hiss spoils the sounds of engines and props.Like the sound are out of balance.

Hope that helps

regards

Dean Stansfield

Hi Dean,

It sounds like certain high frequency sounds are too prominent in your setup.

Have a look in the sound folder and identify the particular high frequency sounds that are too loud for you and use a simple audio tool to lower the volume of just those sounds.

And don't forget to back up your files before proceeding.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Hello Armen,

Thanks yes its defo a levels issue,i'd already looked through the sounds folder to see if i could find the sample that drowns out my engines and props.

It is a distraction at times,nothing more.

I shall look at it,if i find the solution i will update the post..

Thanks

Dean Stansfield

9:30am Update

I lowered wind_general volume by 50%;it sounds better for me,i can hear the props and engines much more clearly now.

Thanks for the guidance.

Dean Stansfield

No problem Dean - glad you sorted it out !  :smile:

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer