Sign in to follow this  
aerdt

PSS and their bad practices

Dude, enough with this PSS bashing. There are 5,666 threads mulling over EXACTLY what has been beaten to death here since FS2000.Your comparisons between PSS and other developers are incompetent and ridiculous.As a matter of fact, had you bothered to look at the PSS webpags, you would have quickly found out that most of their products also come with a range of various freeware liveries. Please do your homework before you call what PSS is doing a "scam". I'm again wondering why avsim's mods seem to be asleep at the wheel on this. ricardo

Guest monsoon

Like I said, its my opinion and I can voice it. Looka their website again, Ricardo and you will find out they still charge for liveries. THAT is the point. So read my post again before you comment. Thank you.

Guest NormanB

>Why is it that PSS feels they should be selling liveries for>10 pounds a pice. >I am positive I>wont have a person from PSS responding to this post because>they probably KNOW its a SCAM. Monsoon,Sorry to spoil your party. Firstly, the liveries are not 10 pounds a pop. A single livery isn't great value at

I suggest you hit the law books. If memory serves your statement:"I am positive I wont have a person from PSS responding to this post because they probably KNOW its a SCAM."constitutes libel. ricardo

Guest monsoon

Why is it that PSS feels they should be selling liveries for 10 pounds a pice. RIDICULOUS. And please don't say "if you dont like it dont buy it". I do have the right to complain. Man just merge them with Meljet if you can. I am positive I wont have a person from PSS responding to this post because they probably KNOW its a SCAM. I have pretty much every addon out there and never seen anyone charge like PSS does and to top it off the other addons are better (IMHO). Thx but no thx PSS. I will sit out on this one until common sense is adopted in your sales practices. Hopefully more will join me on that one until something is done about it. If your product is as good as LDS or PMDG (reserve the right to keep my comments to myself on this statement) then charge what they do AND keep the liveries at the same cost as they do as well.

Guest georg

Ricardo probably meant that they provide a great amount of user-made liveries on their webpage which you can download for free.

The PSS models are top-notch and as for the Airbus series for GBP15 a steal, plus they have a LOT of user-edit liveries for FREE.People seem to enjoy to complain in here and not appreciate the work of the developers. That's EXACTLY why so many freeware developers throw the towel and why developers are almost fearsome to release an innovative product.

Guest A32X

Hi,I too find charging for extra textures very harsh and against the community spirit of things, I can only think of Ariane as another pay ware team applying such a policy. Hence I personally will not be buying the PSS 777. Also how many 777LRF, 777-300LR etc pilots are there out there? Are they not needed to fly the beta?Finally Norman Don

Guest Coneman

Aerdt,While I agree labeling it as a scam is over the top, anyone has the right to critisize PAYWARE if they deem fit. After all, you do have to turn over your hard earned cash (or allowance)...And PSS models aren't top notch. Both the A320 and Dash 8 are innaccurate.Freeware is a different story. Those authors deserve our praise, nothing less.Todd

Guest NormanB

A32x,Value is an individual thing. Thats a whole lot of textures, but more important is that you don't have to buy them, as indeed you have stated. Thats fine, everybody is entitled to their own choices.PSS are not against the community though. We host the freeware user paints because we understand that to a lot of people, the cost of the aircraft is sometimes a high enough price. With the paint kit there is nothing to stop an individual painting their favourite livery and flying that.In regards to real crew, we have a number of real piots on the beta, a few who are type rated on 777, albeit not the modelled varients. They can, with their own knowledge and experience, combined with the data available make much more than an educated guess.Edited to add: I would love to chat all night and day but I have a support forum just down the page to look after. You are more than welcome down there.Thanks,

Of course they charge - they are a payware firm! What a bad practice it is actually charging people for goods and services. I look forward to picking up a brand new Ferrari for free.

Guest Ken_Salter

PSS responded and now I'm closing this before the inevitable happens...:-roll

I understand and while I don't necessarily agree to sell liveries, I still find it a tad over the edge to complain about it. Join a VA and you can get excellent liveries for free. I don't see the issue.Sure, the Airbus might be a tad inaccurate, but it is still the best one around, because NOONE ELSE DARED TO EVEN TOUCH IT and I can't express my gratitude towards PSS enough to make an Airbus available, because without it, we wouldn't have ANYTHING.My eyes are still bleeding from all those Captain Sim threads, were the only purpose seems to be to bash the developer on any given opportunity. If I would be the developer, I would be royally ticked off and re-consider developing any product at all. This doesn't help the community at all. That's what reviews are for that are done by professionals, not some wanna-be pilot who has never sat in a plane before, but assume to know-it-all.To be blunt: If there is a bad product, then don't buy it. If the developer doesn't make $$$, then they won't do it again. Easy to say, I know, but that's how capitalism works.Take a look back a few years, when we had virtually no add-ons at all. Now we have almost photographic scenery, a ton of airplane flavors, AI traffic and so much more. People scream for realism and do not realize that it takes months, if not years, for the developers to achieve the realism.I haven't seen anyone complaining about the prices for home-made cockpit components where one gauge costs more than my entire FS add-ons combined.