Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

FTX Central 2 P3DV3 won't update

FTX Central was updating itself, combining FTX Global Layers, and then appeared to lock up.  It now shows there's an update available won't download it.  It's just frozen.

Not only that, but whenever I attempt to go to the website I can't get there.  Internet Explorer wants to open a file, or something like that.  Is there a problem with the site?

Thanks.

I can confirm, there is a problem with their website. I read they are in the process of moving to another server. They probably could have choosen a better time for this, though.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Not just me then. When I try to go to their forum I get a pop-up:

'You have chosen to open: 

which is: application/x-httpd-php5(443 bytes)

FTX Central is defunct. Nice one Orbx! :rolleyes:

Where did you read about a server move Michael?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

"I read they are in the process of moving to another server"

Kind regards, Michael

I see...

Hi,

Same here. When trying to visit FTX/ORBX main or forum, Chrome or Explorer starts a download of index.php. Exactly when hen they decide to make a big FTX Central upgrade! Did they post any warning?

Best

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Still having trouble? Mine worked fine this morning. Expect quite a bit of 'outage' for a little while, while they do  a forum migration etc. Remember that FTX central 'phones home' when you start it. No website, no Central.

EDIT: Just tried to go to the forum....ERROR! :fool:

They've got to be tearing their hair out. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I don't want to add insult to injury but they picked a fine time to migrate their servers.  They release this new LCLookup feature, knowing full well everyone will jump at the chance to get it on their systems and then they shut down their site to migrate.

Since that wonderfully automated LCLookup, I now get some very odd ground texture tiling issues, where the textures for OpenLC EU don't refresh properly or just disappear.  I have to wonder if that is tied to the migration, which I think didn't work correctly, as I still have the button to activate the group in FTX Central, instead of it disappearing like ORBX said it would with the migration.  i sure would hate to have to start all over again.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

There was an update to FTXCentral2 reverting back to the old "switching" mode a few houres ago. My suggestion (on purpose in shouting mode): DO NOT APPLY ANY FTX CENTRAL UPDATES until ORBX resolves their server issues!

I'am pretty much lost now, after applying that broken update. I really don't get how they can change servers in such a critical situation, even more considering their long-standing proven Webmaster Jay Kae left just a few weeks ago.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

which I think didn't work correctly, as I still have the button to activate the group in FTX Central

if  you still see  this  than  its  failed  to install correctly

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yes, it really sucks that their forum is down at such critical time when users have a lot of questions to ask about the new unified lclookup.

The other thing that I'm wondering about is how exactly does their migration process work?  What files get changed/deleted?  Some users have reported that their scenery got screwed up, so it would be good to know which files are affected. Instead we are left in the dark with no way to restore to the previous configuration (without doing a complete reinstall) and being at their mercy.

its  back up  again  for the time  being

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

There was an update to FTXCentral2 reverting back to the old "switching" mode a few houres ago. My suggestion (on purpose in shouting mode): DO NOT APPLY ANY FTX CENTRAL UPDATES until ORBX resolves their server issues!

I'am pretty much lost now, after applying that broken update. I really don't get how they can change servers in such a critical situation, even more considering their long-standing proven Webmaster Jay Kae left just a few weeks ago.

Kind regards, Michael

Please don't shout, I already have a screaming headache and I'm at work. lol

So let me get this straight, their initial release of the Unified LCLookup was intended to mash everything together and forego the usage of the button to switch regions (which was a novel idea) and now you say they reverted it back?  What the heck?  Now, on top of that, no explanation for the change AND they suddenly decide to switch over their servers...this is becoming a lot more inconvenient and more trouble than it's worth.

On my end of it, after the initial migration last weekend, everything seemed to go ok, until I started to get OOMs like crazy.  For the record, i hadn't seen an OOM once from anything in P3D v3.2, since I installed it.  Everything ran great and I was a flying fool, going anywhere I could (that I had airports for, of course) and then ORBX drops the Unified LCLookup bomb and everything goes down the drain.  Yeah, i am blaming ORBX because everything else I had installed in P3D ran perfectly fine.  So, I got a wild hair and decided to blow away all of my sim content and reinstall, thinking perhaps a clean slate approach would resolve the problem.  Well, flash forward to now, where I have my sim back up with minimal ORBX content installed (as a just in case things go south again) but I see in my reinstall process, FTX Central is just wonky.

They say patience is a virtue...ok, sure I get that but I don't have to like it, right? :(

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

... I don't think they have reverted back. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

John V released a statement at the ORBX forum.  It's back up, so please go there and read what he has to say.

Now, to add insult to injury, most of the management team is on their way to the flightsimcon, but supposedly are aware of the problem.  :t0103: