Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

FTX Central 2 P3DV3 won't update

Isn't this great!

My ORBX sceneries are like bedlam with ocean textures and mad textures popping in and out all over the world. The spread of trees are missing in the nearly deserted forests of what is left.

That makes my thousands of dollars of ORBX scenery and months of installment work useless. Can't get into their forum and they are on their way to the festivities in Conneticut. That's nice.

That makes my thousands of dollars of ORBX scenery and months of installment work useless.

Don't you think you are slightly exaggerating things here? I am sure ORBX will provide a solution within some days, as several people had issues after updating FTX Central v2. As it is working absolutely perfect on my rig, I really do not think that those "thousands of dollars" are permanently lost for you :wink:

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Isn't this great!

My ORBX sceneries are like bedlam with ocean textures and mad textures popping in and out all over the world. The spread of trees are missing in the nearly deserted forests of what is left.

That makes my thousands of dollars of ORBX scenery and months of installment work useless. Can't get into their forum and they are on their way to the festivities in Conneticut. That's nice.

Don't you think you are slightly exaggerating things here? I am sure ORBX will provide a solution within some days, as several people had issues after updating FTX Central v2. As it is working absolutely perfect on my rig, I really do not think that those "thousands of dollars" are permanently lost for you :wink:

I submitted a post earlier this morning (before the forum went down again) and John V wrote back stating that fixes are on the way, although he did say that out of the 7,000 or so people who have currently updated to the Unified LCLookup, only about 10 people have had issues, so if issues persist, it is best to log a support ticket with ORBX and they will work with you to fix the problem.  He also said that screenshots with coordinates are helpful if the issues are focused on particular locations (as is the case with my post to ORBX).

It is seriously bad timing that the webhost forced ORBX to migrate when they did and with everyone mostly out of the office to attend the flightsimcon, I don't expect quick answers and resolutions.  it is a letdown, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

HAHAHAHA! Good for you. Such cleverness!

Have you ever rollerskated in a buffalo herd? Nothing is permanent in this hobby, either satisfaction or disillusionment. What is fixed gets broken and what is broken is refixed and then rebroken! All part of the dear pursuit of FS happiness.

Tying on my roller blades, but will be back when the fix is in. Meanwhile have fun. :)

Kind regards,

Thousand  of  dollars  mmm   you must have  bought   the  x  rated  copies  from  orbx :)  months  of  instalments  again   stop looking  at  the  x  rated  copies  and  just  install them :Tounge:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I submitted a post earlier this morning (before the forum went down again) and John V wrote back stating that fixes are on the way, although he did say that out of the 7,000 or so people who have currently updated to the Unified LCLookup, only about 10 people have had issues, so if issues persist, it is best to log a support ticket with ORBX and they will work with you to fix the problem.  He also said that screenshots with coordinates are helpful if the issues are focused on particular locations (as is the case with my post to ORBX).

It is seriously bad timing that the webhost forced ORBX to migrate when they did and with everyone mostly out of the office to attend the flightsimcon, I don't expect quick answers and resolutions.  it is a letdown, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

how does he know there are only 10 people? im one of them but have reinstalled from a back up and didnt say anything on the forums. 

ZORAN

how does he know there are only 10 people? im one of them but have reinstalled from a back up and didnt say anything on the forums. 

Well, considering that FTX Central "phones home", as John calls it, every time a user opens it to sync their data so in essence, that data transmission can be tracked.  Equate it to other tech companies who can track who has upgraded their OS's.

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

how does he know there are only 10 people

Guess   10  users  have  posted   in the ftx  forum before  it  went  down I guess

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

......  it is a letdown, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

That'll be the train coming the other way. :Party:

Well, considering that FTX Central "phones home", as John calls it, every time a user opens it to sync their data so in essence, that data transmission can be tracked.  Equate it to other tech companies who can track who has upgraded their OS's.

I suggest when it gets back up again you go through the posts since day one of FTX central v  2.... ten complaints in the first hour alone at least and grown by many more in the support forums. Maybe the phone thingy works when everything else does which it clearly doesn't ATM

ZORAN

That'll be the train coming the other way. :Party:

Look, it's been mentioned that the timing of the release and the migration of their servers was sudden and forced, so there isn't much ORBX can do right now but work hard to get everything back to normal.  I'm right up there with a lot of other folks who are tired and frustrated with the issues that have come about with the migration.  I'd add my own personal feelings about all of this, but it wouldn't help the cause.  We all may be forced to wait it out a lot longer than we want, but I know they'll get it all fixed.

I suggest when it gets back up again you go through the posts since day one of FTX central v  2.... ten complaints in the first hour alone at least and grown by many more in the support forums. Maybe the phone thingy works when everything else does which it clearly doesn't ATM

Are you referring to v2 or v2.1?  V2.1 is the version that uses the Unified LCLookup, and this is what John was referring to with 10 people so far that have issues with landclass textures not appearing correctly.  This is what is being fixed at the moment.

Look, it's been mentioned that the timing of the release and the migration of their servers was sudden and forced, so there isn't much ORBX can do right now but work hard to get everything back to normal.  I'm right up there with a lot of other folks who are tired and frustrated with the issues that have come about with the migration.  I'd add my own personal feelings about all of this, but it wouldn't help the cause.  We all may be forced to wait it out a lot longer than we want, but I know they'll get it all fixed.

Are you referring to v2 or v2.1?  V2.1 is the version that uses the Unified LCLookup, and this is what John was referring to with 10 people so far that have issues with landclass textures not appearing correctly.  This is what is being fixed at the moment.

2.1 of course

ZORAN

Thousand  of  dollars  mmm   you must have  bought   the  x  rated  copies  from  orbx :)  months  of  instalments  again   stop looking  at  the  x  rated  copies  and  just  install them :Tounge:

LOL Well, more or less...

That is what happens when you start collecting from year one! There are a few I have missed, mostly UK airports, but the numbers add up with all the regions, the whole global, vector and LC options along with almost all the airports.

Through thick and thin I have stuck with them and still will. :smile: They have been good to me and earned every farthing, and then some!

That does not mean I am not frustrated that I have a scrambled FS build due to this problem. I do, and I am. However, there is the watermelon patch and the buffalo herd to consider....and can still be happy! What you gotta do is put your mind to it, knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!

Manana!

Kind regards,

Looking great and all is well after another update. Order restored. To me, without ORBX textures, the FS world is just not worth flying in.

I know some of my best FS friends disagree, but then again, they are wrong!

If there are problems elsewhere other than what I have tested then so be it, but they seem to have fixed what I was happening.

So much excitement! :)

Kind regards,

Looking great and all is well after another update. Order restored

Oh ye of little faith. :Shame On You:

Have you cleared out your message folder Stephen? Tried to PM you and was told you're 'full up'.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.