Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

ui.dll crashes FSX on Startup

BEFORE YOU SAY DOWNLOAD UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL, I ALREADY DID THAT!!

But basically, I installed my Aerosoft Airbus's and then booted FSX. Worked fine. Then today I come on and ui.dll has made FSX crash.

Heres what the event handler said:

"Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a

Faulting module name: ui.dll, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9ab4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000484fb
Faulting process id: 0x1010
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1c04263b6357a
Faulting application path: D:\Flight Sim\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Flight Sim\steamapps\common\FSX\ui.dll
Report Id: 8df17305-73e5-4df1-8f01-f1730d8d133d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:"

Try moving the fsx.cfg to a temporary folder, restarting fsx-se and letting the config rebuild.

Uninstall Aerosoft Airbus.  Run fsx-se and see if this fixes the problem.  If so, reinstall the Airbus but make sure you run the installer with Admin privileges and UserAccessControl (UAC) and any anti-virus program are disabled.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Try moving the fsx.cfg to a temporary folder, restarting fsx-se and letting the config rebuild.

Uninstall Aerosoft Airbus.  Run fsx-se and see if this fixes the problem.  If so, reinstall the Airbus but make sure you run the installer with Admin privileges and UserAccessControl (UAC) and any anti-virus program are disabled.

Best regards,

None of that worked, heres what event handler said:

"Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a

Faulting module name: ui.dll, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9ab4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000484fb
Faulting process id: 0xf5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1c0c959dea147
Faulting application path: D:\Flight Sim\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Flight Sim\steamapps\common\FSX\ui.dll
Report Id: d2143b4a-756a-4910-8ba3-810af6e3330f
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:"

That's the same report as in the OP.  Removing the fsx.cfg, dll.xml and exe.xml fix almost all crashes.  The only clue is the faulting module ui.dll.  Do you know what the ui.dll does?  If we could figure that out that would be another clue.  The ui.dll module crash is very rare and I could find no solutions posted in forums at all of the flight simulation websites.  The fact you brought your FSX-SE back to the default setup by removing the xml files and fsx.cfg indicates the problem could be outside of FSX-SE and a Windows function is causing FSX-SE to crash (like doing a scheduled update or not having the required Microsoft.net packages or Microsoft Visual programs.

FSX-SE requires the uiautomationcore.dll as it is installed in the main folder by default.  So you have to have it there as they want you to have it there.  I do not believe in the uiautomationcore.dll module in the main fsx-se folder but DoveTail said this is a must as it is part of the default installation. Of course, some who have reported crashes here have removed the uiautomationcore.dll from the FSX-SE folder and that fixed the crash.  Yet it is dangerous to remove default files.

At startup, all of the modules in your main fsx directory are loaded whether you want them to load or not.  Everything in the dll.xml and exe.xml are loaded at startup too.  So the problem is with the main folder or the dll.xml or exe.xml.

There are a lot of things you can do as shown in the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature):

Use the System File Checker

Disable Tweaks (that is usually done if you moved your fsx.cfg to a temp folder and let the config rebuild) but making sure. 

Update Hardware Drivers

Lower your overclock (if applicable)

Remove overclocking (if applicable)

Run Process Monitor

Check for corrupted user profile

Check Memory Simms/Modules

Run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool

Delete/Rebuild Facilities/Scenery Indexes and Shader Folders

Disable unneeded photoscenery

Clean your system registry and Windows

Install required Microsoft.net Framework packages

Update Microsoft Visuals

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim's absolutely correct. 

I perform Airbus Tech Support for Aerosoft, and this isn't something we see.

I'm not sure if you moved the FSX.CFG (without uninstalling the Airbus) and then restarted (which rebuilds the FSX.CFG) and still had the problem?

If you still have the problem, then I'd uninstall the Airbus (be sure to remove the Airbus folders located in your Documents and Main FSX folder, reboot, and see if you still have the problem.

Before reinstalling the Airbus, please be sure you have the latest build (1.31).

I'd follow THIS THREAD for the reinstall.

Looking forward to hearing how you make out.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I fixed it, I tried to install FSUIPC again, then verified the integrity of the game and uninstalled the airbus.

I uninstalled FSUIPC and the Airbus, reinstalled FSUIPC and verified the game integrity and it fixed it.

Very happy to hear!

Happy Flights my friend!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.