Sign in to follow this  
Cargostorm

P3D v3.2 vs. v3.3 - visible improvements

Now that we have heard a lot of some problems with new v3.3 (VAS consumption, broken sceneries, which will be fixed soon), it would be nice to hear how v3.3 actually compares to v3.2. Does it "feel" smoother? Are there visible improvements, such as reduction of ground blurries with photo scenery)? Are the cloud and cockpit shadows still going on/off depending on time and camera viewing angle as in v3.2?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Now that we have heard a lot of some problems with new v3.3 (VAS consumption, broken sceneries, which will be fixed soon), it would be nice to hear how v3.3 actually compares to v3.2. Does it "feel" smoother? Are there visible improvements, such as reduction of ground blurries with photo scenery)? Are the cloud and cockpit shadows still going on/off depending on time and camera viewing angle as in v3.2?

My feeling is that with the myriad of issues with the scenery and VAS, very few users have found any significant improvement in this version

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

The blueish far distance haze that RSP is able to make I now have directly in 3.3.

Also ASN + v3.3 now are working together like it should ( visibility )

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I really like the new "View Group Management" thing.

I can now do things I've been trying to do for a long time with multimonitors.

ASemana

I really like the new "View Group Management" thing.

I can now do things I've been trying to do for a long time with multimonitors.

Can you explain this in more detail? Is it possible now to set up three different views on a triple monitor setup without much performance hit? Such that one doesn't get the distortions when using the three monitors in Surround mode with just a single view? If that's the case then moving to v3.3 is really worth it. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I see much less FPS loss in clouds using NVI 4xSSGA than 3.2 I do use Rex Textures and set clouds to 50% size and use 3 layers in ASN, exactly as I did in 3.2 There seem to be other subtle improvements about, perhaps a tad smoother over all. I am still checking things out.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I use 3 monitors in a surround setup 5960x1080 plus one 2560x1080.

The plus one sometimes reside on the bottom (T arrangement), sometimes on top (inverted T).

I like to configure the VC to be visible on both two displays (surround plus the other one) and use TrackIR

To do this I used to configure a different camera in VC fo each display and then link both views.

But this linking views had some problems: synchronizing is tricky, the horizontal pan sync doesn't work and also fps loss.

With this new method I can setup only one view with all the displays resolving almost all of the sync problems.

There is some gain in fps and above all fluidity on the movement of both displays in sync.

That sensation of one of the displays being dragged by the other one is almost gone.

Still trying to figure out a way of dealing with zoom and applying the old camera effects.

Mostly the "WideviewDistortion" for the surround display.

I have both  OpusFSI and EZDok but not using any at the time.

Still have the feeling that is better to do it with the sim mechanism although I'm not able to reproduce the head movements that any of those provide.

Happy flights

ASemana

Scenery shimmering is barely noticeable now, with 3.2 any ORBX stuff shimmered like mad. That is most noticeable for me. No VAS probs, no performance probs, none of the nonsense many have spoken of.  

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

I heard AA on airplanes and overall is better than 3.2. Is this true?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Scenery shimmering is barely noticeable now, with 3.2 any ORBX stuff shimmered like mad. That is most noticeable for me.

Won't have been 3.2 causing the shimmering. I run ORBX scenery exclusively in 3.2 and I've never ran a simulator over the last 12yrs of simming that has performed or looked as good as it does now.

Won't have been 3.2 causing the shimmering. I run ORBX scenery exclusively in 3.2 and I've never ran a simulator over the last 12yrs of simming that has performed or looked as good as it does now.

Whatever, that is my observation regardless of your 'experience'.    

• Upvote 2

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Whatever, that is my observation regardless of your 'experience'.    

Whatever, you obviously hadn't set P3D and your drivers correctly then otherwise everyone would have been experiencing the same issues.

• Upvote 1

I noticed that modifying/updating the scenery library in v3.3 no longer causes AI traffic to double in numbers. In the older P3D versions including FSX, when you were using a traffic add-on such as MyTrafficX, making changes to your scenery library caused the amount of traffic to double, potentially hitting your FPS hard. This bug has been eliminated now. (In the changelog, it is mentioned "Fixed memory leak that could occur during scenery library reloads").

Shimmering was present in 3.2 and is still present in 3.3 without 4x SGSS.

Whatever, you obviously hadn't set P3D and your drivers correctly then otherwise everyone would have been experiencing the same issues.

LOL, yea right.