Sign in to follow this  
LeightonPC

Small Corporate Jet

... FSX:SE on Windows 10 ...

Wouldn't recommend it. Some are very successful other not so much. Seems there is a variation in W10 installs driving the poor developers mad... Possibly the whole OS in progress thing?!?

Wouldn't recommend it. Some are very successful other not so much. Seems there is a variation in W10 installs driving the poor developers mad... Possibly the whole OS in progress thing?!?

Either way, Eaglesoft have officially said that they now support all Windows 10 installations.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Yes, I started flying steam and still know a few old guys who think "you can't trust them black boxes." Times have changed.

Speaking purely as a FSer, I prefer the analog gauges because you can monitor them with your peripheral vision.  With various glass panels, you have to look, usually quite closely, to extract information.

And in terms of an analog bizjet, I holding off until early July for a Flysimware Lear 25.  Last year they had a 50% off sale for the 4th of July - that would be from $42 to $ 21. Analog (which I like), F1 GTN implemented, the new Milviz-Rex WX implementation promised and quite a bit of detail.  There is no FMS, which at my level of skill is actually a good thing.  There are addon, ever freeware FMS addons available for me when I want to up my game later.  There is one other that I was interested in, but the support offered by that company has made the idea of buying from them again seen risky if something were needed.

Just for your information a review ; http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/reviews/aircraft/review-learjet-35a-by-flysimware-for-fsxp3d-r3425.

There is also a recently released 'immersion effects' addon, that adds some external stuff like contrails, jet wash etc.  https://fsfxpackages.com/en/Lear35Immersion/

Best of luck

Like any skill learning to scan a glass display take practice. The same information is available and often in greater detail. I am a huge supporter of primary and supporting instruments and teach looking for the right information on glass at the right time. I find that I am a much more accurate pilot flying glass then I was was flying steam. 

The problem with FS is you are trying to fit a panel that is ~5' across on to the space of a 20 something monitor. Our King Air CBT fits onto 3 x 27" monitors for the main panel, and three more 27" monitors for lower and overhead pedestals to give a 1:1 perspective. That is just the switches, buttons and glass and does not even count outside view. Now think about the average FS system with one or maybe two monitor(s). 

The great thing about FS is who cares what you do. You can fly anything anywhere and no virtual FAA is going to violate you.  :wink: The Lear is a darn good example of early era jet aviation and a hoot to fly (as long as I don't have to pay the virtual fuel bill.) 

• Upvote 1

No working weather radar but would you consider a twin engined turboprop which is almost fast enough to be classed as a small bizjet?

The Piaggio Avanti, specifically Mario Noriega's freeware version. I can't comment on payware Avantis, but Mario's is a real gem in my limited experience.

Don't know how realistically it's modeled in FS, but in real life the Avanti is renowned for being a runway hog. Not exactly suitable for short runways.

Try the Carenado Cessna CJ2, small, classic panel, long range, nice interior, etc basically what you asked lol

also the Carenado Mustang Cessna, a little bigger than the CJ2 but similar inside.

I think he's looking for something that predates the Pro Line 21. 

I'm not an Eaglesoft fan, but their circa 1985 Citation II has conventional gauges with the exception of a Sandel ADI and HSI. This would come closer to meeting the short runway requirement than the 20/30 series Lears.

It does really seem as though there isn't much on the market. I have just tried both the Lion Heart LJ24B and the FlightSimWare LJ35A but I am not really happy with them. I may need to broaden my search by the look of it. Ill take a look at some of those planes that you guys have suggested. 

You really want to go old school a Lockheed Jetstar would be it. However, I don't think any commercial developer has ever tried to tackle that aircraft. The Saberliner would be second having flown a year later in 1958.

It does really seem as though there isn't much on the market. I have just tried both the Lion Heart LJ24B and the FlightSimWare LJ35A but I am not really happy with them. I may need to broaden my search by the look of it.

There is nothing more available in good old school jets, so unless you look towards a different flight simulator you are out of luck.

What exactly is it that disappoints you with the Lionheart and Flysimware products ?

Textures aren't that great - but yeah, with the GTN 750 the FSW LJ looks pretty good.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |