Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

What happened to the C 130?

Guest Hawk19

I just went to Captain Sim's site ready to purchase the new C 130 and it still says coming soon. Did they pull the plug on it? I thought it had been released. :(Hawk

You may want to empty the cache in your internet browser, I just checked and it's still released...ChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ | ASUS A8V Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2Pro | WD 120 gig HDD | WD 80 gig HDD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130-testpilot.gif

Just went on CS site and I get the same thing. "Coming Soon"I emptied the cache and still no go. Guess maybe pulled the C130 for some reason!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Ummm, I think somethin is a missin,I see "Just released, C-130!" or something to that effect.You using IE?XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

Guest Hawk19

Hmmm, I emptied my cache and it still says coming soon. Maybe this is a sign that I should'nt purchase it. :)Hawk

Guest Hawk19

The home page says "THE 'LEGENDARY C-130' IS RELEASED!" When I go to the online store the C 130 is greyed out and I can't purchase it.Hawk

Oddly enough, I see exactly the same thing that you describe and I don't have that page cached at all...DJ

>Hmmm, I emptied my cache and it still says coming soon. Maybe>this is a sign that I should'nt purchase it. :)>>HawkI'm seeing the same thing, Hawk!I have been trying to decide whether to purchase the Herc, but starting to feel like you, it must be an omen!Pete S.

Pete S.

10th gen CPU I7-10700K, MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge MB, RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB-DDR4 3600, 

2X 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q M.2 Nvme SSD. Enermax RGB CPU Liquid Cooler.(Still waiting on Evga RTX 3080 Video)

Guest Rockitglider

Hello,Yes I'm seeing this as well. Maybe those of us who already own it will get an update if there is the problem. Maybe their activating the Liveries downloads or changing servers to better serve for activations. I guess we'll find out soon enough.See ya, Rockitglider :-cool

Hawk,My mistake sir, I now see what you are talking about. Maybe they are making some adjustments to their servers or are putting out an update. I'm sure it will be back up soon.ChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ | ASUS A8V Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2Pro | WD 120 gig HDD | WD 80 gig HDD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130-testpilot.gif

Guest JIMJAM

Hmmmm Thats odd cause I bought it just a short while ago. While you guys are waiting go ahead and look through the library and get a different soundset. The one that comes with it is HORRIBLE. The engine looping like a broken record nearly drove me insane. Overall though its a nice one but worth $50. IMHO-No

I am able to download. Go to the purchase menu, then online store, then click on buy now under the C-130 Pro, the only thing that is greyed out is the lite version which hasn't been released yet.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

And that is why it was grayed out, they were updating their site to reflect the two different versions, where for the last couple of days, there was just one choice available.ChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ | ASUS A8V Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2Pro | WD 120 gig HDD | WD 80 gig HDD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130-testpilot.gif

Apparently, there is still only one choice.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD