Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

desc forecast up link issue

Hi, this used to work till two days ago.

On my 777-300er, I import the weather .wx file from simbrief into the directory and am able to upload winds from legs page, but only the descent forecast I get an up link error.

Is anyone else seeing this ?.

I was able to do this successfully for months, but started getting this error from yesterday.

I was able to do this successfully for months, but started getting this error from yesterday.

99% of the time, the cause of this is not providing ASN your flight plan. Tutorial #1.5 (on our downloads page) provides a surefire way to avoid this situation.

Kyle Rodgers

99% of the time, the cause of this is not providing ASN your flight plan. Tutorial #1.5 (on our downloads page) provides a surefire way to avoid this situation.

Kyle - I am not using ASN, the flight plan and weather file are generated from simbrief.

Kyle - I am not using ASN, the flight plan and weather file are generated from simbrief.

This is a question for SimBrief then. My guess from earlier is probably still likely: the file didn't contain the data far enough out. I'm not sure if SimBrief is formatting it properly though. Never used their WX file.

Kyle Rodgers

This is a question for SimBrief then. My guess from earlier is probably still likely: the file didn't contain the data far enough out. I'm not sure if SimBrief is formatting it properly though. Never used their WX file.

Kyle - issue sorted, turns out it was my weather program fsrealwx lite.

I had disabled set global weather off in it, and that some how had an issue with weather import into fmc.

I sswitched it back on and it started working again.

It wasn't a simbrief issue after all.