Hi community,

I need to ask a couple of questions about an intended upgrade; a little embarrassing because I work in IT, but I have not had time presently to research gaming type hardware, such as video cards. So, to my questions:

I currently have an Intel i5 3570k, 8Gb RAM, and a GTX660Ti Video card with 2Gb of RAM. I run FSX from its own dedicated SSD, usually in 1920x1080 res, which is the Windows default setting.

I intend to do an upgrade using a kit supplied by a local vendor, it includes a pretty good up to date mobo, 16Gb RAM, and an Intel Skylake i7 6700 stock clocked at 4Ghz.

Is anybody able to point me as to which sort of video card I should go up to please? Unfortunately, I do not have a small fortune at hand. If I could keep my current resolution but just push out maybe 5 fps more,

I would be a happy camper.

Thanks to all in advance.

Andrew.

I intend to do an upgrade using a kit supplied by a local vendor, it includes a pretty good up to date mobo, 16Gb RAM, and an Intel Skylake i7 6700 stock clocked at 4Ghz.

If this is the non "K" CPU, you won't be able to overclock it.

Is anybody able to point me as to which sort of video card I should go up to please? Unfortunately, I do not have a small fortune at hand. If I could keep my current resolution but just push out maybe 5 fps more,

I would be a happy camper.

Budget?

Hi Martin,

I am open on price at the moment; probably up to about $450 or so. I just want to know which GPU would best suit my new CPU :-)

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Hi Martin,

I am open on price at the moment; probably up to about $450 or so. I just want to know which GPU would best suit my new CPU :-)

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Pick up a 1070 aftermarket edition and you should be set.