Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grunt

C-130 Manuals?

Guest Grizzly_Air

Amyone have access to scanned/digital C-130 manuals? I would like more information. Maybe I didn't look at the Captain Sim manual correctly, but I would like the engine settings for cruise at altitude and what not. Anyone? Maybe I missed it in their manual?Grizhttp://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130-testpilot.gif

Guest Grizzly_Air

Aw rats....I thought for sure there would be some sort of Air Force website with a free version. Ah well. $17.95 isn't steep, unless it's for a book, but after shucking out $51 for the plane, (a bit higher that the cost of FS2004 itself, no less) I guess another $20 or so won't kill me (CHOKE GAG COUGH)http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130-testpilot.gif

Aircraft specific manuals are not available for download in general to the public. There are parts of the manuals can be considered sensitive, if you take my meaning.ChuckC-130E/H/H1 Flight EngineerDyess AFB, TXAMD 64 3700+ | ASUS A8V Deluxe | Antec TruePower 480 PS | 1.0 gig DDR400 Corsair TwinX 3200XLC2Pro | WD 120 gig HDD | WD 80 gig HDD | Twin WD 160 gig SATA HDDs | SB Audigy 2 | ATI Radeon 9800Pro 128 | CH Products USB Yoke | CH Products USB Pedals | CH Products USB Throttle Quad | Nostromo n52 | Windows XP Pro SP2http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130-testpilot.gif

Guest Skedflyer

With eflight only U.S. customers can order..." Sales are restricted to U.S. domestic customers only. There are no exceptions to this policy."

Guest Grizzly_Air

>With eflight only U.S. customers can order...>>" Sales are restricted to U.S. domestic customers only. There>are no exceptions to this policy.">>Yeah, would be nice if they would just make it available for D/L. I would pay to have a D/Lable copy, but I am not paying $20 for a CD to be shipped to me. Been down that road many times, usually at least the case is cracked or shattered, and often the CD itself is worthless when you get it and you have to ask for another and you end up spending $20 and 4 months trying to get something like this. Well, I suppose I could get a hardcopy from them for $90. LOLGrizzhttp://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/c130/c130-testpilot.gif

Grizz,Eflight is a good place to do business ... I have bought 20+ cds from them ... never damaged .. good support if you need it ..the pdf is 680 MB ... btw a big d/l to say the least which is why they don't offer a download.

I have not had a good experience with eflight. I only received my order after calling the credit card phone number for over a month and leaving messages. No answer to emails. Finally I caught someone at home and then they did send the cd. The cd was fine, but the copy protection is a pain in that a new adobe reader barfs on the file you need to install in adobe to read the protected pdf.Then last summer they said they'd upgrade everyone's cd. They didn't.Perhaps my experience is unique, but I recommend avoiding them and getting a real -1 from somewhere else like E-bay. Also note, there was at least one other -1 on CD company out there, but I forget the name/URL.

Guest merlin

Hello,Can you confirm if they still have the same protection in the PDF files? I have never had support from eflight and I won

The free upgrade was supposed to replace the pdf with a proprietary reader. (that's why I never really pursued it... that and I obtained a hard copy of the -1 I wanted, while waiting for my original order.) As I said, I cannot recommend them. If you run into -1's on CD, on something like E-bay, other comapnies often advertise they don't have any of these hassles. I believe those disclaimers refer to Eflight.

Oddly enough, I received my replacement cds from eFlight last week ,,,, all the CDs for "non current" commercial a/c ... Fokker 100, Bae 146, 727, DC9, 747-200, DC-10 and the Herc ,,, although the HERC doc is for the A thru D series and not really what CS has done ... different panels .. eFlight does have an E and later Herc CD.CDs I have for 737, A32x, A340, A330, 757, 767, 777, 747-400 were not replaced ..(some facist something or other must have gotten to eFlight and threatened them ... because I now have to beg to get these replaced.) I do have them all installed on an old laptop with a back level version of Adobe.Problem with the CDs is there is no reader, and no indication of what to do with a file of type .PDC (???)... no instructions ... waiting on return email.Griz ... what is the URL for the website with the online purchase and PDF D/L?Maybe I'll look into that also ..Thanks!!!!

Guest Grunt
http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/Do a long title search for "c130" and/or "c-130" and find the following pdf files:afi11-2c-130v1 ...C-130 flightcrew trainingafi11-2c-130v3 ...C-130 operational proceduresThese are not exactly exciting documents, and may not even be of use to you, but they are free.CEO, Cape Air Virtualwww.capeairva.com