Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

Latest OrBX Lib and blurries

Hi

I saw on FTX forum that people have problems with blurry texture after latest ORBX LIB update.

This is biggest FSX community so I'm curious how does it look in your case.

Thanks

I updated the ORBX Lib three days ago and so far have not experienced any issues whatsoever

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I updated ORBX Lib also and found blurries  builds up after 2-3 mins flight.

Also the terrain data loading time increases remarkable. 

• Upvote 2

no issues here   went  to way  of  downloading  the  libs  from the ftx   web  page  and  installed  with no issues, instead   of  lettting  ftx  central  to update,  terrain loading  is still the  same  from previous version  using  fsx   here

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi

I tried and blurries appeared.

Restore PC to previous state. No blurries.

Tried also without FTX Central , with zip file. But blurries returned.

I restore PC again and this time I will wait for solution from ORBX, because as I see this is not isolated case.

Thanks for looking

Brgds

Hi.

I have blurries an pop up autogen now, after the update. Has anybody else pop up autogen too?

:sad:

Hope for a fix

P3D V3.3.5 and FTX Central v2.1.5988

I have the blurries too, but not on every flight. Recently when flying low and slow the ground looked melted. Had a brief white flash like the simulator dropped some frames... then things improved dramatically. No more blurry textures and the autogen color looked right.

I fell victim to the Orbx FTX Central update, than update to an older version, then update again fiasco so don't know if that screwed something up..

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Hi

I tried and blurries appeared.

Restore PC to previous state. No blurries.

Tried also without FTX Central , with zip file. But blurries returned.

I restore PC again and this time I will wait for solution from ORBX, because as I see this is not isolated case.

Thanks for looking

Brgds

I have a real mess after the unified migration.  I am curious how did you restore, do you mean using windows restore point?  Does this actually affect the install files of the new Central and libraries?

Please advise.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I have a real mess after the unified migration.  I am curious how did you restore, do you mean using windows restore point?  Does this actually affect the install files of the new Central and libraries?

Please advise.

you would need to restore fsx as well since that is where central resides

ZORAN

I have all of the same issues as well. What really makes me mad is all I had before was FTX global and vector as well as a few other freeware packages and everything looked beautiful. During the May sale, I bought the Northern California, Southern California, and Pacific Northwest regions. The updates to FTX Central happened immediately after I installed them. Now I get the blurries, pop-up autogen, and what looks to be mesh changing as I fly over it even outside of the new regions that I bought. I hope they figure out this problem soon so that I can actually see what the new stuff I bought looks like. The very first time I flew in Southern California, the ground was extremely blurry. Needless to say, I was highly disappointed. I went to get help on the forum, and it was down. Then, when the forum comes back up, we find that they all left town. Really? Leaving town and updating your support forum immediately after releasing a major update? What a bummer. I'm simply shocked that a software company would do that. I manage a $7M a year help desk, and we are all hands on deck for every SW release, even minor updates. I'd lose my job if I did what Orbx did.

I'm just frustrated. I haven't even seen a real "We're on it", "We have a clue", "An update is on its way", "We know what is going on", etc. note from them. 

• Upvote 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Okay... I played around with my setup a little, and I think I may have straightened things out. The "Addon Scenery" entry was above my Orbx regions and Orbxlibs entries. I moved it down below my orbx regions, but above the Orbx LC entries. 

Things look much better now. Sorry I was a little hard on ya, Orbx dudes...  :aggressive:

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Okay... I played around with my setup a little, and I think I may have straightened things out. The "Addon Scenery" entry was above my Orbx regions and Orbxlibs entries. I moved it down below my orbx regions, but above the Orbx LC entries. 

Things look much better now. Sorry I was a little hard on ya, Orbx dudes...  :aggressive:

I think the Add On scenery should be below the LC

Sherm

I don't know for sure where it is really supposed to go, but having it above the regions seemed to cause the problem.

SoCal is looking great right now. If it is not 100% fixed, I can't tell what is still broken. 

I don't know if you can see this or not. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707629341

I'll go to the Orbx forum and post screen shots. It might not be everyone's problem, but it might fix it for one or two... 

My Addon Scenery folder had a 17Mb BGL file that had a single airport in it KJDD in Texas that I made following a Youtube tutorial. I deleted it. I'm not sure if that was a contributing factor or not. It also had the light fields from Steve's DX10 fixer for every Orbx freeware airport in it. There was nothing else. 

I think the Add On scenery should be below the LC

Sherm

I don't know for sure where it is really supposed to go, but having it above the regions seemed to cause the problem.

SoCal is looking great right now. If it is not 100% fixed, I can't tell what is still broken. 

I don't know if you can see this or not. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707629341

I'll go to the Orbx forum and post screen shots. It might not be everyone's problem, but it might fix it for one or two... 

My Addon Scenery folder had a 17Mb BGL file that had a single airport in it KJDD in Texas that I made following a Youtube tutorial. I deleted it. I'm not sure if that was a contributing factor or not. It also had the light fields from Steve's DX10 fixer for every Orbx freeware airport in it. There was nothing else. 

LC should be below addon scenery and mesh below that

Payware airports such as FT - FB - FSDT should be at the very top above all orbx stuff that includes payware night lighting also 

Stay away from 3rd party LC its causing blurries here  -  Orbx is fine 

Also do not move around Orbx stuff at least in P3D its where it needs to be dont touch it - the non Orbx stuff you can touch as mentioned above

Delete all the SceneryIndexes files - they will rebuild like your shaders

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes

Rich Sennett

I was wrong. Problems not fixed. When I use anything faster than a C172, it gets ugly blurry again...