Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

Latest OrBX Lib and blurries

I was wrong. Problems not fixed. When I use anything faster than a C172, it gets ugly blurry again...

If you decide to go back to Central v2.0...and if you update to the latest Lib's....AND, you uncheck the Central Update box...you won't experience any texture blur because of using and installing the latest Orbx Lib...it only happens under their migration process.  Central V2.0 and the latest Lib has no anomalies.

I've also had the problem as well. I'm not going to bother with a restore; I'll just wait it out for an update - I trust they're working on a fix, as it's been pretty widely reported.

I've also had the problem as well. I'm not going to bother with a restore; I'll just wait it out for an update - I trust they're working on a fix, as it's been pretty widely reported.

Cheers, hope it all turns out!  That would be great!

Central 2, current on all Orbx scenery / libs / vector.  Still looking good or better.  FSX

Regards

jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Hi,

You can add me to the list of those experiencing blurries and slow tile updating since the ORBX FTX unification process. This is currently ruining my flights around Scotland. Seems for some, as yet, unexplained reason not everyone has been affected. Everything was going luverly until this happened :mad:

Regards,

Mike

Blurriness over here as well, thanks to the orbx unified LC thing-a-ma-jig. After reinstalling my orbx scenery, and blocking ftx central with my firewall, I have finally gotten back to clear textures. No more of ftx central phone home bull-crud. :mad: 

Jazz

Hi,

You can add me to the list of those experiencing blurries and slow tile updating since the ORBX FTX unification process. This is currently ruining my flights around Scotland. Seems for some, as yet, unexplained reason not everyone has been affected. Everything was going luverly until this happened :mad:

Regards,

Mike

I think most have. Just take a look at the support forums where new cases are growing daily

ZORAN

After reinstalling my orbx scenery, and blocking ftx central with my firewall, I have finally gotten back to clear textures. No more of ftx central phone home bull-crud

Hi Jazz,

While I can understand why you have done this it might have been better to hold off for a while as it's likely ORBX will release an update before long. I gather there may be another significant update to FTX Central scheduled for July, perhaps sooner. You may encounter difficulties should you have a change of heart.

Regards,

Mike

I gather there may be another significant update to FTX Central scheduled for July, perhaps sooner. You may encounter difficulties should you have a change of heart.

Hi Mike,

I know that eventually I will have to upgrade to ftx central 2.1, and the unified LClookup file. Especially since I do want to purchase the upcoming Open LC North America. I can wait till Orbx have fixed their issues and everything is working as it is intended. In the meantime, I will enjoy my limited P3Dv3 sim time without blurry textures and the associated performance drop. 

Jazz

In the meantime, I will enjoy my limited P3Dv3 sim time without blurry textures and the associated performance drop.

Hi Jazz,

I'd be lying if I said I didn't envy you :sad:

Actually, all seems fine if you keep away from ORBX enhanced areas/regions.

Regards,

Mike

I think most have. Just take a look at the support forums where new cases are growing daily

nobody goes to the support forum to post that they aren't having problems. so it's really difficult to determine how widespread it is from that. remember they have thousands of users, so even 20 or 30 posts on a support thread isn't really a statistically large sample. personally i haven't seen this blurry issue at all. maybe it's more common on p3d setups? 

anyway good look to those affected hopefully they will have a solution soon

cheers

-andy crosby

Orbx are working on a utility to analyze and fix the issue with the LC lookup file and the missing/mixed up textures. Which will be released "soon". But they haven't mentioned anything about fixing the blurry textures which occur after a few minutes of flying.

I encountered these blurries while flying from CYYZ to CYUL, using global base, vector and open lc Alaska/Canada in a clean install of P3Dv3.35. Anyways, a reinstall of everything, P3D plus Orbx. (global base, vector, open lc Alaska/Canada, PNW, PFJ, and the March 2016 Orbx libraries) I now have a sim which looks, and performs beautifully. I am certain that in time, Orbx will get all of these issues sorted out. In the mean time, I will avoid updating the Orbx libraries, and the possibility of the unified lc lookup update being triggered.

Jazz

Hi,

This may turn out to be a red herring, but I deleted the content of the SceneryIndexes folder as I noted some oddities in the numbering of the files: okay up to 123 then jumped from 123 to 213, 220 missing, 225 missing, jumped from 259 to 269, jumped from 276 to 324, jumped from 334 to 363, jumped from 387 to 397, jumped from 399 to 436, jumped from 436 to 564 then 646 then 701, 704.

Following a P3D Scenery Index rebuild the file count was the same (222 items) and nice orderly numbering from 1 to 222 matching the entries in my Scenery.cfg.

Possibly early days and do need to test further, but first impressions suggests that this might have improved texture loading times and the appearance of blurries.

N.B. Running Prepar3D v3.2

Mike

Me too. Updated to V2 of Central and on a short flight from EHAM to EGLL it looked reasonable for about 2 minutes and the the countryside looked as if someone had smudged crayons all over it. Hope a fix comes soon.

ps - as I said in another post Central V2 does not recognise that OpenLC Europe is installed.