Sign in to follow this  
Selkan

Problem after installing GSX 1.9.9

I have posted this one over on the GSX forum, but so far no joy, so thought I would give it a go here.

I have used GSX for a few years now, and have just updated to the latest release 1.9.9

I use a program called Follow Me (2).  This is a small program that allows one to call up a follow me car out to the active runway, and back after landing.

I use PFC hardware in my homebuilt 737-800 cockpit, and have one of the available buttons on my central consol (throttles etc) mapped to TAB + T and No.1 on release.  This is programmed through FSUIPC, and by 'pressing TAB + T brings up the Follow Me menu; by pressing No. 1 on release calls the Follow Me car to my gate or aircraft after landing.

Since installing GSX 1.9.9 this call up button no longer works.  I also have a key board set into my overhead panel, and again trying to press TAB + T has no effect.  I can still bring up the Follow Me Menu by pressing ALT/Addon ons/ and selecting Follow Me/menu - so the program itself is still working.

The FollowMe settings menu (outside of FSX) tells me there are no available keys available within FSX to use - which I know to be nonsense! - I have tried changing the key.  TAB is standard and can not be changed, but the T could be changed to another letter, but as I say the program says no other key is available.

If anyone has a thought on this one it would be much appreciated - frankly I'm foxed!

I am curious about this program called Follow Me.  Is this similar to the built-in function within GSX?  What benefit does the Follow Me program have over the GSX one?  It could be that the follow me function in both programs are conflicting.  You may have some luck looking at the in-sim menu (add-ons) and go to the preferences of GSX, to see if you can re-map keys and buttons to allow for your Follow Me program to run properly.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

The FollowMe (2) program is similar to GSX, but allows one to call a follow me car up to go out to active runway as well as calling it to take you to your gate after landing.  I am not sure if this program is still available as the originator of the program has stopped all work on it and I believe no longer offers support.  If you can find it, it was about £10 to purchase.  I used to have version No.1 and that was free, but if you can find version 2 well worth a few quid.

Thanks for advice - I think I'm just going to have to use the taxi signs as directed by ATC!!

Sounds like it works just like FSDT's GSX.  If you are following ATC, yes, you still have the option to following the signs, but at big airports, it could get pretty confusing.  I take the lazy route and always use the follow me car...I just like watching it zip around the airport looking for me. :)

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

The FollowMe (2) program is similar to GSX, but allows one to call a follow me car up to go out to active runway as well as calling it to take you to your gate after landing. I am not sure if this program is still available as the originator of the program has stopped all work on it and I believe no longer offers support. If you can find it, it was about £10 to purchase

looks  like  a conflict  here,   cant  see  why would  you use  followme2 since gsx  does the  same  thing .  Have  you tried  deleting the follow me2  at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

pete_auau.  GSX dosn't have a follow me car to take you out to runway, so I find Follow Me very useful at large airports.  Also quite often after landing I find the GSX follow me car often seems to have a mind of its own and 'wonders off': the Follow Me car never seems to do this.  Although I prefer the GSX car because it takes you to ones gate, the follow me car on arrival just disappears, which of course is not so realistic.  But you are right, some sort of conflict going on here.  I did try deleting Follow Me and re-installed, but the result was the same.

I have posted this one over on the GSX forum, but so far no joy, so thought I would give it a go here.

I have used GSX for a few years now, and have just updated to the latest release 1.9.9

I use a program called Follow Me (2).  This is a small program that allows one to call up a follow me car out to the active runway, and back after landing.

I use PFC hardware in my homebuilt 737-800 cockpit, and have one of the available buttons on my central consol (throttles etc) mapped to TAB + T and No.1 on release.  This is programmed through FSUIPC, and by 'pressing TAB + T brings up the Follow Me menu; by pressing No. 1 on release calls the Follow Me car to my gate or aircraft after landing.

Since installing GSX 1.9.9 this call up button no longer works.  I also have a key board set into my overhead panel, and again trying to press TAB + T has no effect.  I can still bring up the Follow Me Menu by pressing ALT/Addon ons/ and selecting Follow Me/menu - so the program itself is still working.

The FollowMe settings menu (outside of FSX) tells me there are no available keys available within FSX to use - which I know to be nonsense! - I have tried changing the key.  TAB is standard and can not be changed, but the T could be changed to another letter, but as I say the program says no other key is available.

If anyone has a thought on this one it would be much appreciated - frankly I'm foxed!

GSX does have the ability to have a follow me car direct you to runways, so your follow me program is now redundant. After pushback is completed, Go into GSX menu and you'll see options to direct you to start of runways, gates and parking, select the runway you are going to, it will ask if you want a follow me car, say yes, and wait for it to arrive. It will take you to the runway the same way it takes you to a gate. Here's how it works, Search for time stamp 25:10 in this video.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

pete_auau. GSX dosn't have a follow me car to take you out to runway

Yes  it  does unless  you havnt  updated  your  gsx  to the latest version than  you will find  it  does

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi pete_auau.  Well you learn something knew every day!  I didn't know GSX now has a follow me car out to active runway, so will be giving this a go later today.

Many thanks indeed.

Also quite often after landing I find the GSX follow me car often seems to have a mind of its own and 'wonders off':

Yes, I too have found its habit of 'wandering off' quite annoying, or it will get confused and do an 'about turn' and head off in the opposite direction expecting you to do a sharp 'U-turn'.

probably  due  to  getting  too close  to it

Peter kelberg