Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

FTXC2 reverting backwards

Guy's can someone tell me what's going on, the other day the Lclookup downloaded and also the V160528 library's which took a while to sort the sim out along with some wierd blurries and what, I've just fired up the computer and opened FTXC and straight away it started to download an update for FTXC2 as advised by the green bar and there is also an update advising that there's an update for the library's V160321 which is the previous version before the lclookup update, my installed products say's V160528 is installed and now it seems to want to revert backwards, what's going on, have I missed something as I've just tried to logon to the Orbx forums and there down again incase there's been some kind of announcement, this new update doesn't seem to be going that well, so do I revert back to the old version or not, confused.

Cheers Rod. 

I have same experience. I followed instructions and updated ftx central 2 and orbx libraries. Now I have "hybrid mode" ,which was not presented in previous version, again.

Yeh mine has reverted back with"hybird mode" as well but I haven't installed the library's yet just in case everthing went wrong, did it all go ok? this all seems to a little out there as it would be nice to have had some kind of explanation from Orbx as to why this is happening and that it's the right thing to do.

Cheers Rod.

you need  to download  the latest  libs  from  the support  page  of   ftx  and  run    exe  is  the best  way  to  update  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

well I dont know what's going on Pete as I just  downloaded through FTXC2 and installed installed V160528 again but it was only something like 3.8mb and I'm back again to Lclookup with no "Hybird mode" again this is just weird, half an hour ago the support page was advertising V160321 and I just looked 2min's ago and it's back to V160528 on there support page, oh well I'll try a flight around and see if everything's ok.

Cheers Rod.

Same here. I just loaded C2 and was asked to update, but then it reverted back to previous version. 

That's on top of several issues with textures since the new 'system' was implemented. 

All of that on top of ORBX migrating servers (no harm with that) and limited access to forum... 

Right this second the library's version on the Orbx suopport page is V160321, (its all over the place), I did a system restore and am now back to my original FTXC2 with "hybird mode" reinstalled a saved copy of the V160321 library's, removed the two files placed in my Orbx folder created by the migration process, turned of all auto FTXC2 auto updates and it's all back to the way is was before the migration updated appeared, leaveing it all alone until the smoke clears and some feed back from the team as to the texture issue's I've had since the update.

Cheers Rod. 

Indeed Rod. I guess that's the way to go until someone looks into this for real. Too bad for me, since my limited (and so cherished) flight sim time is up for a few weeks... Oh well, I do hope things will be sorted out by then. 

They have shut the website down to work on  Central IMO because there are a ton of problems. I can now no longer install FSDT as it appears that a registry change was made but cant be100% sure it was the central upgrade that did it. I just downloaded the latest update and Im back to Hybrid as well

ZORAN

Here's another problem. All the land classes in  either an installed NA region or  OpenLC Canada/Alaska work fine. However, the rest of NA has a curious problem. For me, the deciduous forest land class has no autogen trees. All the rest of the forested/partially forested LCs work fine and have various species of autogen trees. Reinstalling Global and HD trees, followed by reinstalling the most recent ORBXLibs made no difference and I'm not about to reinstall all the regions and airports again. It must be an obscure error in the migration script.

And the official support boards are down at the moment, so  I'm just hanging around waiting...

+1 to all the above I think. I am going to bed and see where it all is tomorrow. To be honest I am not even sure what I have right now for ORBX. This too shall pass LOL!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Oh ___  we just messed up thousands of peoples simulators, pull the plug and put the old version up...

I had a feeling this would be bad with LM releasing an update at the same time. I surely hope I don't need to do a full reinstall it takes days and days.

Dont feel to bad. I just did a full 1 week reinstall and updating central was the last thing I had to do LOL...I think I need a good cry  :Cry:

ZORAN

Dont feel to bad. I just did a full 1 week reinstall and updating central was the last thing I had to do LOL...I think I need a good cry  :Cry:

Yup, looking for a box of tissues too!