Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

FTXC2 reverting backwards

Im getting big blocks of water textures on the sides of mountains in SAK and Im assuming all other regions will be the same. Im  hoping a reinstall of regions will rectify it

ZORAN

Total chaos here. Mountains that look like the back of a zebra! So much hard work and thousands of dollars of software wrecked! Goodnight cruel (and stupid looking) world!.  :p0128: 

Yeah I just took pics of the zebra effect  :t0105:

ZORAN

Same here, I had two green library update lines, and an update for NA airport pack, which was already updated, I just reinstalled the new migration libs file again, but the green update lines etc are still displaying, I just hope my FSX SE folder is not corrupted, needing another complete re-install, of 270 odd gigs again!

Mal...

Seems strange that you guys are having issues updating,  where  as  myself  had  no issues  at all,  was wondering  how   you guys  are  updating  thru  ftx  central?    Since  I  didn't  I downloaded  the libs  from the support  page and  ran  the  installer  took about  7  to 10 minutes  to install.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The updating went fine, its the now corrupt scenery thats the problem. Have you flown around your regions yet? hopefully youve been spared.

luckily I just reinstalled from a back up just before central V2 so will leave it for now until they find a solution

ZORAN

yep  I have  no issues not  that I have  noticed  anyway at all, guess  iam the lucky  ones  that   downloaded   the first  day  it  was released

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I fixed my problem with the missing autogen trees by resetting the migration per Ben McClintock's suggestion:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/115997-ftx-unified-lookup-messed-up-textures/?do=findComment&comment=1042163

Try running the following command instead (you can paste this directly into the start menu on Windows 10):

"%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /reset_migration

What exactly is that resetting though?

%localappdata%\Orbx\FTXCentral\FTXCentral.exe" /reset_migration /sim:p3dv3

was posted in another post I guess if you have P3D you need that.

FTX central didn't even give me a choice to upgrade it just did and now it's porked. It's reverted back and it keeps wanting to downgrade my libs. 

Doesn't look like any of the posts in the support forum are getting answered other than to use that revert command but then what do we do from there?

That causes FTXCentral to redo the entire migration. If it didn't work the first time though, unless you are lucky like I was, it probably won't work the second time either.

The boss over at Orbx has advised us users that the FTX Central updater has been turned off until the server migration is stabilized and they can address the issues fully.  So don't bother trying to update.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I used the command posted above and now I have what looks like the older central with region switching but it still wants to downgrade my libs.

ORBX gonna get an earful from me at flightsimcon :)

And the boss John Venema also wrote today that only 10 out of 7000 users are affected and have problems after migrating :Thinking:.

Regards

Ralf

Well, it's reassuring to know that I haven't messed up my own sim - I think.

The new automatic regions mode didn't display the correct scenery at all. Updated (reverted) tonight to FTX2 and old libraries - scenery a mess now. There's just tiles and tiles of repeating rubbish with no sense to it at all. I guess somethings gone wrong with the new setup.

I'm content to be patient and await ORBX's responses when the forum and servers are back up: I'm sure they'll throw everything they have at resolving this for us. To be fair, its the first time ever for me that ORBX updates haven't gone well so I'm prepared to give them some time to sort it out for us. Here's hoping it wont be too long!

Regards

Rupert

Best regards

Rupert