Sign in to follow this  
ldts

Pushback functional or cosmetic?

Hello i wish to know if the pushback that comes with the aircraft, is able to pushing back the aircraft.I do not see any mention in the manual. If don't. Is it possible to add this functionality in a future update????

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - are required to be placed in your posts here.

Hello i wish to know if the pushback that comes with the aircraft, is able to pushing back the aircraft.I do not see any mention in the manual. If don't. Is it possible to add this functionality in a future update????

It's all cosmetic. The tug isn't really there to serve in the pushback role anyway. Contrary to what you'd expect from today's airport operations, aircraft of those days did not pull up to the terminal like they do today. Note that the main entrance is at the back of the aircraft. This was due to the aircraft's positioning being parallel to the terminal, and not perpendicular (as it is today).

Kyle Rodgers

Ok sorry. My name is Luis de La Torre, i'm a proud customer of your products since your 757 for FlyII simulator. Sorry about that mistake.

Ok we park on remote stands.

Best Regards.

i'm a proud customer of your products since your 757 for FlyII simulator. Sorry about that mistake.

No worries! And wow - that's waaaay before my time here. Pretty cool!

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah the days when's flight simulation starts to rising to these great days, all thanks to Developers like Pmdg.

17 years has been passed and every new product from you, is a new beggining for flight simulation, new product new features, new version of an aircraft, best flyable aircraft.

And with a better and best flyable aircraft, I'm ask what a wonderful future for all world's serious simmers.

Again thank you. And do not forget X-plane pilots.

I'm sure I read that power back (using reverse) is permitted, but be aware not to step on the brakes whilst rolling backwards, and watch the CHTs!

Rob Smith.

There is no tail number or registration. Looks like a US Southwest region.. any back story on this video?

Dan Downs KCRP

Seems this was recorded at FASK (South Africa)

ACH1506.jpg

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” — Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

This is for future reference, I suppose the OP author has found a solution since then ;)

While pushback wasn't necessary in the past, most parking areas today make it unavoidable, and the way X-plane positions aircraft follows those modern settings. So it is quite awkward not to have it in many airports, unless you can master a reverse-thrust pushback.

For who doesn't want to do the reverse: I have tried the free EZ Pushback plug-in which has been working just fine so far. It doesn't feature any 3D model of a tug pushback tractor, it's only the pushback/pull functionality. It allows you to steer manually if necessary. Only caveat being the binaries are only provided for the Windows and Ubuntu Linux platforms, but it is open-source and can be compiled on other OS'es.

There are of course alternatives, among which JARDesign's TugMaster Deluxe (that I haven't tried, only seen in one video).

Hope it helps.

Tom Ross

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Alongside with the two plugins mentioned by Tom, there is another freeware plugin including pushback functionality: Ground Services by Joan.

ACH1506.jpg

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.” — Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time