Sign in to follow this  
halbach

Pushback tug operator is drunk

Been using the Steam version for about 6 months now and have noticed a persistent problem with the pushback from gate phase.  The actual pushback works normally, but when I hit shift+P to end the pushback the tug does release from the nosewheel but then starts doing a really weird withdrawal. Instead of pulling back and returning to the gate it just wanders slowly from side to side.  On multiple occasions the tug excursions loop all the way around and have run into my A320, terminating the flight!  To avoid the crash I wind up having to play dodge-em with the blasted thing, sometimes I have to apply 70% or more power to sprint away from the little beast before he bites me again. Is anyone else seeing this situation?  It's not aircraft specific, it treats all my aircraft with the same disdain. This never happened when I used FSX boxed.  Hoping someone has a fix.

• Upvote 1

I have experienced the same with FSX ACC. I have "solved" it by disabling ground collisions.

Sounds like you need to try out GSX. Pushback is perfect on the taxiline every time (baring being stuffed in tight corners etc).

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I have read that this bizarre tug behavior can occur with parking spots that have the pushback properties set to "left" or "right".  Setting the pushback properties to "both" supposedly eliminates this bug feature in FSX.  To adjust pushback properties for parking spots you will need to use an airport editing tool such as Airport Design Editor.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Sounds like you need to try out GSX. Pushback is perfect on the taxiline every time (baring being stuffed in tight corners etc).

Thank you for pointing to GSX. Tried it out, loved it, & bought it. Fantastic animations.  Now I would like to update my aircraft so that I have selective control over the various exterior doors.  My Project Airbus A320 only opens the front left cabin door. Tried CTR + E followed by a number but still only that one door opens & closes. Kind of novel to see the baggage pop out of the fuselage!

And pushback is perfect, always lines my plane up on the taxiway centerline except when the last gate is by the fence. AND no more dodge-'em with the tug!

Try SHIFT + E, then quickly press 2, 3 or 4

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Try SHIFT + E, then quickly press 2, 3 or 4

Well I'll be, that did the trick. Thank you very much!

• Upvote 1

You're welcome!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)