Sign in to follow this  
medic89

Weird camera position/zoom Taxi Cam

I think you have to reset the wide aspect view =1, exact wording is in the Introduction. Worth a look.

Dan Downs KCRP

Have the same issue since updated P3D to V3.3 and WideViewAspect is set to 1. 

Interesting, I haven't updated from 3.2 to 3.3 yet because of a number of reasons and LM is supposed to issue a hotfix in a few days.  I doubt the hot fix will change this.  I recommend you attach the screen shots to a trouble ticket and give this to PMDG at their product support site:  http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dan Downs KCRP

A week has passed since I submitted the ticket to their support. How long does it usually take them to reply?

I believe that at the most, it would be a couple of days. Kyle Rogers, a moderator of this Forum will read these posts shortly and have answer about the status of your ticket.

A week has passed since I submitted the ticket to their support. How long does it usually take them to reply?

Can't find any tickets with your name on them. I have a feeling someone has responded to you at least once, though, since I haven't come across your ticket at all when I've been in the support queue.

Regardless, something changed in the latest version of P3D that 'broke' this feature. A simple CFG tweak will fix it, and we will post the official fix soon.

Kyle Rodgers

Can't find any tickets with your name on them. I have a feeling someone has responded to you at least once, though, since I haven't come across your ticket at all when I've been in the support queue.

Regardless, something changed in the latest version of P3D that 'broke' this feature. A simple CFG tweak will fix it, and we will post the official fix soon.

Ticket number is 25D-1EEC7711-0402. I have definitely submitted it on June 9th with no replies as of yet. 

I have tinkered a bit myself with the values in aircraft.cfg, namely the [CameraDefinition.016] and [CameraDefinition.017] fields, but nothing seemed to affect it. The odd thing is that WideViewAspect=True/False in Prepar3D.cfg doesn't make a difference for those two cameras, but for the nose camera it still does.

Hello Kyle,

just to give you a quick feedback: P3D Hotfix didn't change anything, the camera positions are still as visible in my attached picture!

greetings, Phil Tereny

A simple CFG tweak will fix it, and we will post the official fix soon.

Completely contradictory statement by Ryan Maziarz in the support ticket I raised. I guess no fix is to be expected soon, after all.

wQ31hPU.png

I saw this in 3.3 but WWA=1 fixed it for some I think

I saw this in 3.3 but WWA=1 fixed it for some I think

It only seems to fix the nose camera. The bottom two are unaffected by the setting completely, which is odd and certainly wasn't this way before 3.3.

• Upvote 1

It only seems to fix the nose camera. The bottom two are unaffected by the setting completely, which is odd and certainly wasn't this way before 3.3.

Thus the issue. It's a simple fix, but it's not particularly elegant. It definitely lacks the feeling of an official solution. Sorry for the miscommunication, but do keep in mind that this wasn't a code change that we have control over that caused it to break. I can understand frustration, but do take note of what Ryan said.

Kyle Rodgers

Thus the issue. It's a simple fix, but it's not particularly elegant. It definitely lacks the feeling of an official solution. Sorry for the miscommunication, but do keep in mind that this wasn't a code change that we have control over that caused it to break. I can understand frustration, but do take note of what Ryan said.

I do understand that from a professional standpoint you don't want to "release" a fix that seems unofficial and bodged. However, I'm sure that most of your customers, the simmers, want to just have the realistic experience of flying and don't care that much about downloading an official update from the operations center or fixing it some other way. And, I at least certainly wouldn't mind replacing a CFG, or even tweaking one myself with the needed values if it meant having a realistic flying experience. I can confirm that the current state bothers me much more than having to tweak a CFG to fix the issue.

The decision is yours obviously and I can do nothing but to accept it, but think about what's better for the customers.