Sign in to follow this  
psolk

PSS 777

Guest Jaguar XJ6

>>>>>I love how some people think that they're some form of>virtual elite. A real virtual pilot. Isn't that an oxymoron of>sorts?>>Haha, That was awesome!>More pathetic ... but each to their level of comprehension.Michael

Guest Knikolaes

>> Can they do a bae-146 next please >>Incase you havn't seen it http://www.baepanelproject.com ->check out this free panel!That's great . . . if you are a 2D panel flyer.I am still going to buy the PSS 777 nontheless. I just hope I have the cash to get all three variants and get the discount.

Guest Jaguar XJ6

>Ummm, what you're referring to (the lack of a SID/STAR>database on the 767) is actually a valid complaint, and I am>one who complained about it. As of right now, someone was>compassionate enough to do a pretty complete database for it,>which is what I'm using now. >The FS 2004 flight school includes lessons on how to fly SDs (if memory serves, and the skill is pretty basic stuff even if memory lets me down).>That said, I happen to differ when it comes to making>merges... If a model is crap, for lack of a better word, and a>better FREE one is available, why not do a merge? I am guilty>of using a couple myself. >The free ones tend to fall into your expletive category more often than not, I would say. The commercial ones are nearly always better.Michael

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey, take it easy... No need to get up in arms, he's entitled to his opinion as much as you are to yours.Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

I dont pay for liveries. I bought the PSS A320 and that cured me of ever buying anything again from PSS. Was a great plane, but I dont pay for paint. I create my own.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

exactly Norman - I was pleasantly surprised that my (preorder) total for the 200LR and 3 liveries was only 18.9 pounds. In fact it's because of the discount policy that I added 2 more liveries than the one I had planned for.Fact is PSS base products are cheaper than other high end sims, and I have no problem paying a professional painter for his work.regards,Markhttp://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lds1.jpgXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Guest Knikolaes

>exactly Norman - I was pleasantly surprised that my>(preorder) total for the 200LR and 3 liveries was only 18.9>pounds. In fact it's because of the discount policy that I>added 2 more liveries than the one I had planned for.>>Fact is PSS base products are cheaper than other high end>sims, and I have no problem paying a professional painter for>his work.>>regards,>Mark>http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/markrey/lds1.jpg>>XPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256What's that translate to in USD right now? Just curious as I can't find anything on the PSS site that gives a total without buying it totally first.

I agree Mark, I bought all three planes for essentially 35 pounds after the discount. Conversion rate taken into account that is about $60 for all 3 models. Hmm, CS 130 was just released for $51 US, and PMDG was $54.95 for a single plane. (not that I am complaining, I do not have CS but PMDG was worth every penny) When PMDG adds the 747F it will probably be ~$44.95 based on the 737 pricing model so that is ~$100 for two flight models. Yep, get the repaints for free but the models are much more expensive. Yesterday, I bought 13 liveries and it came out to like 18 pounds because the more you buy the more they discount. So I got 3 models and almost 15 liveries for under $100 or right around $100. Considering other add-ons are coming out at $50 plus for a single model and free liveries, 3 models alone with or without liveries for $100 would have been a good price in comparison to what else is out there in the market.For everyone out there complaining, I feel for you but sit down and look at it logically and it is actually a very good deal (In My Opinon!!!)Flame away :)Just my .02,-PaulSelf Built Liquid CooledAMD 64 4000+ @ 26402 Gigs Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX OC 515/1325Dell 2405 24 inch Widescreen LCDDual Samsung 930B 19 inch LCD'sDual SATA Maxtor 120 gig Raid-0SB Audigy 2 ZSSelf BuiltAMD 64 3400+2 Gigs Kingston HyperX DDR4006800GTRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd'sDual Samsung 997 DF monitors

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest Knikolaes

60 bucks isnt thtat bad then. And I'd have to use a paint kit because the only liveries I fly are those of my VA's **smiles**

1 pound is roughly $1.50.Don't know the exact rate but if you go from there you won't be that far off.I'd rather pay separate for liveries and get only the 2 or 3 I want than pay for a hundred included liveries I never use (which is the other option).

I agree, 35 pounds for all 3 flight models is pretty good as far as I am concerned. As for the liveries, like I said, I bought a bunch and they discount them very heavily. You can get one flight model and a single livery for like $35 US and wait for the repaint kit to come out. People are really blowing the pricing out of proportion, PSS remains very competitive. As for me, I do not need all the liveries, I just want the ones I fly and 3 PSS models plus all my liveries is still cheaper than two flight models from other developers...Take care,-PaulSelf BuiltLiquid CooledAMD 64 4000+ @ 26402 Gigs Corsair XMS CL2Dual 7800 GTX OC 515/1325Dell 2405 24 inch Widescreen LCDDual Samsung 930B 19 inch LCD'sDual SATA Maxtor 120 gig Raid-0SB Audigy 2 ZSSelf BuiltAMD 64 3400+2 Gigs Kingston HyperX DDR4006800GTRaid-0 Dual SATA Maxtor 120 Gig Hd'sDual Samsung 997 DF monitors

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest B52Drivr

Hello all, Well, without mentioning any names in the aircraft modeling business, or pointing any fingers, I watched this happen in the 'real' automobile business years ago. (After military service and such, I got involved with the Porsche racing and restoration gig).I know that most think that people who buy Porsche's could care less about the price, but they also have a budget, just like anyone else. I watched Porsche just about price themselves out of the market in the late 80's. The year before they had sold every car they had shipped to the US with more waiting orders than they could fill -- up puffed the ego and the price and the following year, along with a failing economy, dealers were crying to sell cars that they would have died for the year before. When Uncle Sam took away the Dr.'s, Lawyers, and Indian Chief's write off's on luxury cars, and the mfgr's raised the prices, it opened up a whole can of worms, lowered sales and created a much thinner market for these cars -- the real enthuasists, found something cheaper, and only the 'real' rich and lovers of these cars could now afford them.So, in order to have a new Porsche then, you either sold the boat, or the kids didnt' go to private school any longer, or you were very well to do, and the price really didn't matter -- most of those were just 'posers' who didn't really appreciate the car, just wanted it as a status symbol. Those who already owned the cars, held on to them because it knew a new one wasn't in the picture. After selling every Turbo 911 they could make the year before, Porsche was now looking at a ton of them sitting in showrooms and eventually discounting them heavilly.How does this apply to FS and addon aircraft? Well, it's economics. There comes a time when you just price yourself off the market by thinking 'your' offering is absolutely the best, and that is the reason for the terribly high price. Yes, you DO sell some, but much fewer, and only then to the individuals who can really appreciate it or can afford it.70 to 100 dollars US is putting youself into a position where you will NOT sell very many copies of your aircraft, no matter how good it is, or how 'real' it seems. It's a matter of dollars and cents -- or should we say 'sense'.With pricing that high, you are really limiting your sales to certain individuals. This brings to mind the new Ariane unit, Captain Sim Herc, (pro model), and now the PSS. Guys, (no loyalities here or slamming, just mentioning the three higher priced spreads which immediately come to mind), if you are going to charge THAT much for your wares, they had better be perfect right out of the box, no patches needed, with great support, addon and updates free, and service with a smile. THERE IS ONLY SO MUCH SOMEONE WILL PAY FOR AN ADDON AIRCRAFT FOR FS when the quality of some FREEWARE is soooo good today it rivals the best payware. And paying for added liveries? -- come on, give me a break!When a aircraft for FS costs me what it does and I can feed 1/2 of my nags for a week for the same amount, (figuring $100.00 here), then my nags get the food and the aircraft stays in someone eles's hanger.ALL OF YOU DEVELOPERS HAD BETTER PAY ATTENTION TO THIS AS TIMES PRESENTLY ARE A BIT TOUGH AND AS PORSCHE DID, YOU MAY JUST PRICE YOURSELF OFF THE MARKET.Just my, not so humble .04 cents worth.PS: Right now, we're seeing this also in the new truck business; New Dodge dually diesels, crew cab with moderate options is hovering around 42-49k...........and diesel is now 3.25 per gallon in this area, I'll keep my old one, thank you! That translates to "I have more than enough aircraft in my hanger that I don't fly now -- and have less time for FS now than two years ago . . . get the point?Best to allClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest TRK3586

What about the aircraft model? I'm no 777 expert, and the model looks "ok" to me. I may buy it, but what is it that people find unrealistic about the model?Tim

Clay, Please do not take this personal or a bash against you but you are not getting it... I appreciate everything you said about Porsche and companies pricing themselves out of the market but that is NOT what PSS is doing...A Single model plus call it 10 liveries is still CHEAPER than other payware manufacturers out there. In fact, a single model is at least $20 cheaper than CS or PMDG. PSS is NOT pricing themselves out of the market. It is $100 for 3 flight models and for close to 15 liveries. You can buy the model for $30-$35 and then wait for the paint kit if the price of the liveries bothers you or for the same price as the PMDG 744 you can have one flight model + as many liveries as you want, two flight models + a few liveries or 3 flight models.How is that pricing themselves out of the market? Please, let's all get past the initial sticker shock and look at what PSS is really doing and you will see it is not as bad as everyone is making out...Man people, how many hours of enjoyment do you get out of these add-ons? Amortize it out over the amount of hours of enjoyment you get and these darn FS add-ons people complain so much about are probably one of the cheapest forms of entertainment going. I can blow $100 on a bad dinner and a bad movie and get 3 hours of "pleasure" from my $100 or I can spend it on three add-on models that I will fly for probably hundreds of hours before the next version of FS comes out. Hmmm, hundreds of hours of enjoyment for $100 seems like a pretty good deal for me. It seems to me people need to re-evaluate what brings them pleasure in life and be willing to shell out a few dollars for it instead of expecting all of that enjoyment for a price that does not reflect how many hours of pleasure they will get out of the product...-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Guest B52Drivr

Paul, I didn't take it personally, nor am I insulted . . .and perhaps I need to look at the pricing of the PSS again, I must of missed something, however, my premis of pricing does stand, if not on the PSS the others for sure. Have a great day.Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"