Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

Dreamfoil Creations S300CBi

Next Up from Dreamfoil....S300CBi coming to a Heliport near you :smile: 

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Awesome. Can't wait to fly this - will be a day one purchase for sure!

I was going to fly something fixed wing tonight, but I think I'll take the R22 for a spin instead. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I own all of Dreamfoil's helicopters and they are outstanding, even the dated Bell 206. Looking forward to getting this

• Upvote 2

Yeah,L@@king forward to this little Bird....Looks like lots of FUN!!!! :smile: 

2yybn6g.jpg

2ir6rnr.jpg

Patrick

That digital camo looks pretty darn spiffy. :smile:

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Have also been waiting for this chopper.

• Upvote 1

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

The XP aircraft market has really improved and gotten some life into it which is great to see. Will br buying this one as their previous have been excellent, some of my favorite birds.

• Upvote 1

If I had proper controls I would purchase more helos in XP

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I hear you - although it's completely possible to fly the helicopters in XP with a regular joystick, there's just something about the experience that makes you think it would be far more fun (and likely easier) if you had a proper cyclic and collective.

I've been considering a set for some time now, may take the plunge on it this fall.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

What controls do you have now? If you're flying with a yoke and rudder pedals, then all you need is a joystick. If you only have a joystick (with maybe a throttle roller?) then all you need is rudder pedals, which are handy for flying fixed wing anyway. It's great to have a full HOTAS set with a throttle quadrant for cyclic, but the pedals are the main thing. 

The only thing I wouldn't recommend is a twist joystick, which makes flying helos harder because you're trying to control cyclic and tail rotor with just one hand. It's hard enough flying with a standard joystick as cyclic, because the handle's too short. That's why some helo fanatics use handle extensions for smoother control). 

I keep thinking about modding an extension handle joystick setup one of these days, but my desktop isn't really set up for it. I'm pretty happy with my Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, and Saitek Combat Pro rudder pedals. I performed a mainspring-ectomy on the stick so it's floppy, which is better for flying helos than the default tight action, and it still works fine for flying fixed wing.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

It's hard enough flying with a standard joystick as cyclic, because the handle's too short.

I've tried an extension handle, and it's still not the best - my issue with an extension handle was that you effectively are increasing the travel of the joystick grip, more of course, with the greater of extension that you have. The result is that you end up not being able to fully utilize the full range of the joystick (although you get very precise control over the range that you can use).  And if you map the usable range to the simulator, then you are in effect turning down the sensitivity of the stick.

A mid length extension was an okay compromise, but then I found it even more difficult to integrate comfortably into my sim pit - at least a full length extension could incorporate a bend to allow for the chair (and your knees).

For now, I make do with a regular joystick, and have eyes on a proper cyclic. :wink:

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

So I went looking for the source of the pics posted above, and wound up on DF's facebook page (facebook pages are annoying these days when you don't have a facebook login).

Quoted from the page:

Hello Guys,

Some new pics from interior, I've used the delays to improve it even further, I made the whole cockpit alive, it's filled with movement like headphone cable moving even with wind on doors open, needles jumping, compass shaking, I believe that immersion on this model will be great even if it looks like a simple helicopter.

I have also created a custom algorithm for cylinder head temperature so it will have a realistic behavior, people will must be careful on hovering it for too long on hot days

My gosh... If I wasn't excited about this before (I was), I sure am now!!

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Patrick

Great stuff. Some neat little details in that video, regarding animations whatnot. Like the keys moving when the key is turned, or the friction lock on the mixture control moving in and out when the mixture is adjusted.  Sounds seem more than excellent, of course.

One of the reasons why I like the R22 so much is that the level of immersion is quite high, and this would seem to be a whole step more immersive yet. Very excited!

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.