Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

FlyJSim's B727 update coming soon

Nice new video demoing this bird up on the .ORG. Release next week it seems!

I only seen screenshots .. do you have a link to the video?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I only seen screenshots .. do you have a link to the video?

Sure. Here you go:

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It's released! Look for your discount upgrade email!

At this point in time I would like to quote the wise character "Nelson" from the Simpsons:

YOINK!

• Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Wow the planes for XP are really starting to look amazing,now if the scenery would catch up! I'm tired of having to convert airports over from FSX for decent scenery.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Wow the planes for XP are really starting to look amazing,now if the scenery would catch up! I'm tired of having to convert airports over from FSX for decent scenery.

Huh? There are tons of quality free scenery available. MisterX's KBOS being the standard now.

Huh? There are tons of quality free scenery available. MisterX's KBOS being the standard now.

Yeah, I was lost on that comment also.

Where can I find all these sceneries? I'm still getting used to XP

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Where can I find all these sceneries? I'm still getting used to XP

David, you don't know the secret handshake to unlock the magical scenery?  Seems I'm not the only one ha.... 

I try and try but just can't get there with X-Plane, year after year.

Did buy the v2 B727, just need motivation to fly it  :wink:

The 727 is my favorite of all time. I have the CS 727 and installed no less than 12 community mods and got to a fairly decent level. I never did install their latest version. 

For those who have both, how does this X-plane( latest release) version compare with the CS 727 in terms of FDE, graphics, night lighting and overall realism.  Interested to hear any and all opinions. The version in the video above really looks nice. Looking for opinions here, not arguments.

thanks

The 727 is my favorite of all time. I have the CS 727 and installed no less than 12 community mods and got to a fairly decent level. I never did install their latest version. 

For those who have both, how does this X-plane( latest release) version compare with the CS 727. Interested to hear any and all opinions. The version in the video above really looks nice. Looking for opinions here, not arguments.

thanks

I have used both....the FJS has systems logic behind it now...you have wear and tear, failures, and processes that need to be followed. The CS is a very good looking aircraft, as we know their textures are very good indeed, but it has not systems depth.

The latest version of the FJS bird gives you the option of flying VOR/NDB or CIVA INS and finally the freeware X-FMC added in a 3D spot in the cockpit....great fun.

• Upvote 1

The latest version of the FJS bird gives you the option of flying VOR/NDB or CIVA INS and finally the freeware X-FMC added in a 3D spot in the cockpit....great fun.

Thanks Will. I did get a Civa INS ( one of the many  mods) to work flawlessly in the CS 727 and could fly it with VOR/NDB as  well. In your estimation, the CS version has better graphics? As far as the FDE, how would you compare the two?

FJS beats it hands down . Although I don't care for CIVA in either version they are pretty close in functionality.and now that there is an FMC I really don't want to use CIVA, VOR NDB or FMC for me.

Thanks Will. I did get a Civa INS ( one of the many  mods) to work flawlessly in the CS 727 and could fly it with VOR/NDB as  well. In your estimation, the CS version has better graphics? As far as the FDE, how would you compare the two?

Brian, CS uses a lot of photo textures in the cockpit of their aircraft, and they do look terrific. In XPlane, with the latest update to the FJS, the 3D texturing is very good indeed but they are hard to compare. The gauges are very clear and readable.

As for FDE, I will have to agree with Steve, it is in a different league....the elevator trim works as intended, sounds are very good, and the programming of the aircraft coupled wiht stock standard X-Plane failures makes for an interesting ride....for example....I managed to lock up the inner right hand flap at 5 degrees due to overspeed....nearly lost the aircraft when I extended to 15 degrees.

A good friend had gear issues again due to overspeeding, plus APU Gen failure for not following the correct procedures, you name it. The aircraft itself is a joy to fly, really enjoying this, a great challenge.

A good video here:

https://youtu.be/g6glT3CbPNg

• Upvote 1

Thanks Will and Steve, this is very helpful to hear all of this. Anyone else, love to hear from you as well.