Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeffg

ARIANE 737-700 V2 Watch OUT !!!

don't know what your problem is, i have nothing to complain. the product activation by mail was always in less than 24hrs.

From: Martin To: ArianeStudios@aol.com Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 11:00 PMSubject: Ariane Product Registration Request 737-700 V2 FMC----- Original Message ----- From: ArianeStudios@aol.com To: Martin Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 5:48 PMSubject: THIS IS YOUR FMC AND PUSHBACK/RED BOX ACTIVATION MAILTHIS IS YOUR FMC AND PUSHBACK/RED BOX ACTIVATION MAILPLEASE SAVE IT NOW - WE CANNOT GIVE ANOTHER ONE OUTNOTE: You do NOT need TWO codes for the BBJ or NEW version 2Boeing 600/700/800/900 and ER Version 2 new products!THese new products only need ONE code for BOTH the aircraft andthe Expansions which are included as part of the new V2 BASE PACKs!NOTES TO REMEMBER WHEN PASTING IN AN OFFLINE ACTIVATOR
I can remember that the PMDG 737 activation, took me one week and not to forget the f*** M$ activation which is really bound to hardware changes. I changed my Mobo and CPU and BBJ/700 continues to work!CheersMartin

Man you are so Lucky. It's been now a while I bought and I'm still waiting perhaps they are in vacation but I still cannont flight with the planeI sent more than 35 emails and CC to myself, I'm going to start to cry...

Guest Knikolaes

>>I changed my Mobo and CPU and BBJ/700 continues to work!>>Cheers>Martin>>You got lucky there. Even on the Ariane FAQ it states that the aircraft are bound to hardware and you need to reactivate if you make any major changes. Your computer must really like you.

Nice and good... but e-mail activation in general can be hit or miss. If your spam filter catches and deletes the activation e-mail, you're more or less screwed and reading from the comments here, I wouldn't count on the customer service. Vice versa, if your e-mail gets caught in some blacklist, the customer rep will never get it and therefore never reply. Sorry, but e-mail is just not reliable nowadays.Most of the add-ons have more restrictive protection mechanisms than my bank. I don't get it. If you buy the product, have a key ready on a website that you can access right away and look up. That's how most developers handle it. PMDG (and 95% of all developers) have at least a forum and Flight1 has even a phone number, in case of problems.I would be furious to buy a product and not be able to use it AND not to be able to get a hold of ANYONE to resolve any problems.

John,I agree in part with your comments.I just wonder why some will pay over twice the cost of the flight simulator program for an addon that would be totally useless without FS9?For instance, how many would pay the same price for, say FS-10? Or should I say, how many could afford to?In conclusion, designers like 'Project Tupolev' with their 'TU-154' and others are constantly making some 'payware' look very expensive. Long live freeware.Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Okay I get finally an awnser...I'll keep you inform and as I stated to Ariane I will post my emails and their answer so you will be able to get your own opinion of all thise incredible case

Okay Ariane has fixed my situationAfter a long wait and a long dialogue. They gently fixed my situationNow I can fly ! I'm happy !

>>don't know what your problem is, i have nothing to complain.>the product activation by mail was always in less than 24hrs.>>>

>From: Martin >To: ArianeStudios@aol.com >Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 11:00 PM>Subject: Ariane Product Registration Request 737-700 V2 FMC>>>----- Original Message ----- >From: ArianeStudios@aol.com >To: Martin >Sent: Friday, October 14, 2005 5:48 PM>Subject: THIS IS YOUR FMC AND PUSHBACK/RED BOX ACTIVATION>MAIL>>>THIS IS YOUR FMC AND PUSHBACK/RED BOX ACTIVATION MAIL>PLEASE SAVE IT NOW - WE CANNOT GIVE ANOTHER ONE OUT>>NOTE: You do NOT need TWO codes for the BBJ or NEW version 2>Boeing 600/700/800/900 and ER Version 2 new products!>THese new products only need ONE code for BOTH the aircraft>and>the Expansions which are included as part of the new V2 BASE>PACKs!>>NOTES TO REMEMBER WHEN PASTING IN AN OFFLINE ACTIVATOR>
>>I can remember that the PMDG 737 activation, took me one week >and not to forget the f*** M$ activation which is really bound>to hardware changes. >>I changed my Mobo and CPU and BBJ/700 continues to work!>>Cheers>Martin>> If you enjoy their airplane and have had no problems then great, thanks for sharing, I am sure there are many like you in this repect. BUT it would be nice if you left out other companies that sell the same type of aircraft that have nothing to do with this discussion sir. While PMDG had an issue with activation in it's FIRST release that is no longer the case so please be fair...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest jeffg

Randy, I also own both series of 737's and just bought the new version upgrade for the Ariane 737 today and waiting for the activation email.I have to say I have had some issues with Ariane and they have been handled over a few days email but were handled no less.I have had no issues with PMDG but both ac are well done.The manuals given with the Ariane 737 are great and can be used with any 737NG.I want to thank you Randy for all your hard work with the PMDG 737 beta team.What you and the team did makes for a fun and challenging aircraft to fly. Jeff Gerbert