Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

ORBX Shot

Yeah, I phrased that like cr*p...

So not sure what that has to do woth asn :P

Yah me neither - oh well - take care  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Yah me neither - oh well - take care  :wink:

Lol what do you mean you either? You posted lol!

Let me try again:

You posted the shot

He asked: "asn"? Meaning if you were using asn there

You answered: "orbx weather theme 4"

And that's my question. What does you answer have to donwoth his question of "asn?" :P

So... Do you use asn for that shot ? (Well in the sim in general rather) and "orbx weather theme 4" is that a rex theme or what?

Thanks!!

Lol what do you mean you either? You posted lol!

Let me try again:

You posted the shot

He asked: "asn"? Meaning if you were using asn there

You answered: "orbx weather theme 4"

And that's my question. What does you answer have to donwoth his question of "asn?" :P

So... Do you use asn for that shot ? (Well in the sim in general rather) and "orbx weather theme 4" is that a rex theme or what?

Thanks!!

Carlos you cant use ASN & and an Orbx weather theme at the same time - thought it was obvious  :wink:

Rich Sennett

lol - ORBX weather theme 4 is one of six installed with ORBX sceneries.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

lol - ORBX weather theme 4 is one of six installed with ORBX sceneries.

Sure is Steve - a quick go to that serves its purpose very well  :wink: now if I waiting on a stable P3D I can load up

Rich Sennett

yeah it would help! hehe

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

What a nice one, Rich, thanks for sharing

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Wow that looks great! Very nice shot :)

What a nice one, Rich, thanks for sharing

thank you much for the kind comments not my best but appreciate your comments - will do better next time  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Nice Rich!

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nice shots Rich. By the way, my clouds using REX used to look really good like in your pic. Since I have installed a couple updates from REX that I neglected over the past few months, my clouds lost their mojo. They look very symmetrical and repetitive. Any ideas in terms of why that might be the case. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Nice Rich!

Thanks Buddy

Nice shots Rich. By the way, my clouds using REX used to look really good like in your pic. Since I have installed a couple updates from REX that I neglected over the past few months, my clouds lost their mojo. They look very symmetrical and repetitive. Any ideas in terms of why that might be the case. 

Not really sure - tough question - did you turn up the cloud algorithm a bit mine is at .52 - careful as the higher you go bigger hit - also not using soft clouds lately - just the original lower level clouds in REX4  also stay away from cumulus in high level - not at my pc to tell you the cloud sets being used - high level is the second one on the second page of listings two away from the last set called cumulus basically  - have to get exact names when I am home

Rich Sennett

Not really sure - tough question - did you turn up the cloud algorithm a bit mine is at .52 - careful as the higher you go bigger hit - also not using soft clouds lately - just the original lower level clouds in REX4  also stay away from cumulus in high level - not at my pc to tell you the cloud sets being used - high level is the second one on the second page of listings two away from the last set called cumulus basically  - have to get exact names when I am home

Thanks for getting back to me Rich. I tried different settings (between .5 and 1.0) with the cloud scale and tried standard REX clouds as well as soft clouds but still they look like puffy dollops of whipped cream. Much different than what I had before I updated REX. By the way, I have tried all of the different P3D and Orbx cloud presets in the sim and no luck. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Thanks for getting back to me Rich. I tried different settings (between .5 and 1.0) with the cloud scale and tried standard REX clouds as well as soft clouds but still they look like puffy dollops of whipped cream. Much different than what I had before I updated REX. By the way, I have tried all of the different P3D and Orbx cloud presets in the sim and no luck. 

Well thats not right Mike - try dumping shaders maybe - I have not seen this - have to look around REX forums

Rich Sennett

Well thats not right Mike - try dumping shaders maybe - I have not seen this - have to look around REX forums

I will give that a try. Thank you sir. By the way, you stated that you are using both PTA and RSP. I thought PTA had everything that RSP has and then some.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations