Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Does the Pro Clip add much to the TrackIR?

I've had no issues with the A50 at all. I've had it 6 months ( Was a Christmas gift ). I've never had the battery go dead but thats probably because I charge it frequently. I have used it for 3 or 4 hours without a problem.  As for the Track clip pro I get about 4 hours battery life. The manufacture claims it will last 10+ hours but I have never gotten more then 4 - 4.5 hours. I charge it between flights. Most of my flights are under 2 hours so its not an issue for me. On longer flights I turn off the clip anyway and just use it during take off and landing.

Thanks for the feedback. Think I'll take a look at the A50.

Al

As an owner of both, I have to say, that the Pro clip works much better when it's quite bright (daylight) in the room. Other than that, I can't tell any difference between the two systems.

I'll second that. I used a SteelSeries Siberia V2 with the Pro Clip. More stable than the hat clip. As for the wires, I wrap the headset/Pro Clip wires together. Used it for 3+ years, no issues. Works fine.

I use the simple hat clip with excellent results, and have built and used an active IR hat clip.  If you find ambient light is a problem, an active IR head "clip" of some type is the way to go, otherwise I doubt you will see a meaningful difference compared to the passive hat clip. There have been numerous complaints about the TrackClip Pro by NaturalPoint breaking, so if you need an active IR clip I would look at other options as suggested above.

Al