Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

How is FlyTampa Toronto in P3D 3.2/3.3?

It's performance was of major discussion, I know...both VAS and frames, but it was released before P3D3.  How's it do in v3?  Any improvements?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Gregg, I read on the compatibility thread that it has the texture problem in 3.3.  I have not upgraded yet pending further information.  VAS in YYZ is very poor and I have had to turn lots of features off to get the VAS to an acceptable level (and this is with the low res textures).  Please note I have ORBX Global, Vector and LC in Canada.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Its been a while but see my respond post here

http://www.flytampa....php?f=29&t=8391

Michael Moe

That's a good report.  Cool.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Can't speak to 3.3, but in 3.2 i'm very happy with it, no issues, fps are good for an airport that size.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I can't help myself! I am on a crusade! :Big Grin:

I can't help myself! I am on a crusade! :Big Grin:

What happens if your framerates fall below 30 as sometimes happens? 

Gregg Seipp

What happens if your framerates fall below 30 as sometimes happens?

Vsync stutters!

So long as you maintain over 30fps your monitor refresh rate will limit your FPS to 30fps very precisely. You won't get any long frames and you will have perfect Vsync. In that video i believe I used standard definition textures and nearly all the eyecandy is switched of with only blowing snow, deicers and animated wind socks remaining. But the weather as you can see is terrible and the there is lots of A.I. traffic. I can do that an virtually any airport with any aircraft in any weather conditions. Taxi from gate, take off, climb through thick clouds and cruise to destination never dropping below 30fps. It is truly awesome. The problem is that on the same setting the FPS get hammered as the destination Airport comes into view. Can drop below 20 and it horrible :-( My own view is that this happens because the approach and landing phase of the flight is the hardest on the system. I think there must be more going on in the sim at that time than at any other. When I get back into P3D if it hasn't come along enough to get ride of the problem, I am going to setup a display setting profile such that I can maintain 30fps on approach and landing and just switch to that profile about 50miles out. Of course that means airports will always look better on the way out than they do on the way in :-(

So long as you maintain over 30fps your monitor refresh rate will limit your FPS to 30fps very precisely. You won't get any long frames and you will have perfect Vsync. In that video i believe I used standard definition textures and nearly all the eyecandy is switched of with only blowing snow, deicers and animated wind socks remaining. But the weather as you can see is terrible and the there is lots of A.I. traffic. I can do that an virtually any airport with any aircraft in any weather conditions. Taxi from gate, take off, climb through thick clouds and cruise to destination never dropping below 30fps. It is truly awesome. The problem is that on the same setting the FPS get hammered as the destination Airport comes into view. Can drop below 20 and it horrible :-( My own view is that this happens because the approach and landing phase of the flight is the hardest on the system. I think there must be more going on in the sim at that time than at any other. When I get back into P3D if it hasn't come along enough to get ride of the problem, I am going to setup a display setting profile such that I can maintain 30fps on approach and landing and just switch to that profile about 50miles out. Of course that means airports will always look better on the way out than they do on the way in :-(

I'll give it a try...just change the monitor sync in the nVidea settings?

Gregg Seipp

1. setup a demanding scenario.

2. In P3D display setting turn off Vsync and triple buffing. Set Frame rate to unlimited.

3. Go test your scenario with the frame counter running (I'd Recommend the Shadow play frame counter because its far easier to see). just ignore any stutters you see at this point. If you see the frame counter drop below 30fps at any time you need to drop your setting to maintain that 30fps. Actually you should be aiming for 32 or 33 at all times. If the minimum fps you see is far above 32 or 33 you can maybe increase your display setting abit.

4. Once you have tweaked you setting so that you are seeing a minimum fps of 32 or 33, save your scenario and display setting and exit the sim.

5. In the Nvidia Control Panel under "Change Resolution" select 30hz in the refresh rate drop down list. If its there! Your monitor may not natively support 30hz. You can force it but I would recommend that you contact the manufactures technical support and ask them first if it is OK to do so.

6. Assuming you can select 30hz restart the sim and load the save scenario and display setting. You should see a perfectly smooth game play and the FPS nailed to 30fps.

I would also suggest that you exclude an approach and landing from your test scenario because it will likely force you to go very low with your Display setting to maintain over 30fps. Best to have a saved setting file specifically for Approach and Landing and just switch to the that about 50 miles out. You can test for appropriate setting to maintain 30fps for that setting file the same way as above except you scenario should be an approach and landing that is hard on fps.

Good look :-) I hope it works for you,

Good look :-) I hope it works for you,

Well isn't this interesting.  I...um...checked and I'm already runnign 30 Hz on my Vizio 4K.  I must have set that when I got it and forgot about it.  Go figure that.

Gregg Seipp

I...um...checked and I'm already runnign 30 Hz

When you turn on you frame counter what are you seeing?

How's it do in v3? 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489472-prepar3d-v333-released/?p=3435413

17625 testing I did with a few of the problem airports results including FPS and VAS usage (F22):

Gatwick EGKK - UK2000 - ok - (2.2GB) - FPS 60
Edinburgh EGPH - UK2000 - ok (2.4GB) - FPS 44
Glasgow EGPF - UK2000 - ok (2.4GB) - FPS 42
Bristol EGGD - UK2000 - ok (2.4GB) - FPS 55
Heathrow EGLL - UK2000 - ok (2.5GB) - FPS 30
Vienna LOWW - FT - ok (2.5GB) - FPS 32
Syndey YSSY - FT - ok (2.7GB) - FPS 21
Toronto CYYZ - FT - ok (2.8GB) - FPS 20

Here are my zipped images with my graphics settings using on a 3960X @ 4.2 Ghz with single GTX 970 V3.3-17625 ... no other add-ons except latest versions of those airports listed above.

Every configuration option for each airport (above) was enabled.

Cheers, Rob