Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Problem with installing 737 liveries

I miss the folder PMDG Operation Folder.

In order to install a livery I am supposed to go Start --> PMDG Simulation --> PMDG Operation Center

The problem is that PMDG Operation Center does not show ( all folders and files are visible  )

Any idea why ?

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

I've the same issue and have submitted a Support Ticket for which I am still awaiting a solution.

This could happen under certain conditions if you didn't install the product by running the installer with admin rights.

Dan Downs KCRP

Actually, Dan, it was run under Admin Rights.

If you look here: C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center there should be an executable PMDG Operations Center.exe.  It needs to be run as admin.  If you are missing that program or that program folder, try running the NGX base package installer again, as admin, and selecting REPAIR for the install option.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan

I have it in the location you quote; I have run it as admin; it opens, but the only option after selecting which version of the sim and aircraft, all I get is the option to make a purchase. Eh? I have already bought the whole gamut of PMDG's output.

Will try your latter suggestion though and see if that does the trick. Might be Windows 10 Update related, who knows as it has screwed up quite a bit.

EDIT: Take a bow, Dan. Your last suggestion of the Base Re-installs, finally, did the trick. I re-installed the 777-200LR and the NGX737-800/900,and voila, OC, restored.

Result.

The PMDG Operations Center elevates to admin privileges by itself. Have you tried running the OpsCenterUpdater.exe, which starts with admin privileges as you can see it has the shield in the icon bottom left.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

The OC Updater was already reporting that it was Updated, but still could not get the OC to function as it should have done, that is, until I ran Dan's trick.

Perhaps there's no problem with those, maybe something more to do with stored registration details.

Since as I showed these programs can't be started with incorrect privileges, it is managed correctly, instead maybe uninstalling one of the planes and re-installing/re-registering will have an effect. Maybe wait to hear from the ticket.

Steve. I know you are trying to be helpful, and it is commendable of you, but as I reported a few posts earlier, this is now resolved.

yes I missed that somehow, so all's good then.

Thanks Rick. T'was late and I missed your Edit inserted, happens when threads go that way. I see that the re-install of the plane did the trick. Hopefully the way those programs work with respect to admin rights is cleared up now, my meticulous explanations do help overall. Cheers.

I've the same issue and have submitted a Support Ticket for which I am still awaiting a solution.

I updated to version  1.10.6461 and now it works

HubertWerni

Herbert Werni

That's good news, no one wants to uninstall and reinstall planes. Thanks for letting us know.

I updated to version  1.10.6461 and now it works

HubertWerni

Have you not seen my post where I have clearly stated it all works, so there was no need to quote my ticket post?

Glad to note it also works for you.

No, probs, Steve, and your explanations were not only meticulous but most helpful.