Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Do LM have to go back to support v3.2?

I had most of the Simaddon airports for FSX. I declined to pay the ridiculous prices for the P3D versions.

Then you must have missed one of Ralph's specials. He was very generous in converting FSX to P3D licenses, I think around the end of last year. I can't remember exactly, but it was something between $0 and $30 for all of his airports.

Peter

Agree Ed, they could at least provide a permanent link to a 3.2 DL.

Anyway they have stated they will address this scenery issue in 3.3. It's not actually just "old" scenery it's the way certain scenery has been built so has been seen to be a bug this time.

But eventually after that they may as well stop development, otherwise "old" planes and "old" weather are up next for the treatment.

May as well get used to it, in the eventuality when P3D goes 64 bit very little will remain working anyways.

Yes, but a single large corporate customer is probably worth much more in revenue than a few hundred basement simmers.

We are revenue peasants. 

It's not L-M's fault this happened. If you need to point fingers... make certain they're pointing in the right direction.

I am a firm believer in terseness in technical discussions, but "This", is taking it a bit far.

This....this what?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Key phrases, emphasis mine.

Actually we are lucky LM lets us go along for the ride.

Ed, over the last couple of days I see the frustration in your posts.

LM is making a hotfix and you can continue again.

Myself I use AS Schiphol and AS Faro and can make this almost 3 hour flight without VAS issues.

A little flickering at Faro at one place from a certain distance, for the rest no issues.

Lucky me, I am enjoying the current v3.3...

And with the hotfix it will even be better.

So have a cold drink and let LM do the work for us ..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

How many corporate customers do you think LM has?  I doubt if it exceeds the number of non-corporate users .

Bob, considering corporate customer's pay more like $2,000 per seat for P3D Professional... Do the math!

Also, the "hotfix" is out now so there's no point in further whining discussion.

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The hotfix delivered.

• Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Then you must have missed one of Ralph's specials. He was very generous in converting FSX to P3D licenses, I think around the end of last year. I can't remember exactly, but it was something between $0 and $30 for all of his airports.

Peter

I don't ever remember it being 0 or $30. Otherwise, I would have converted. Doesn't matter now. I know I won't be paying the prices he's asking now.

NAX669.png

Ed, over the last couple of days I see the frustration in your posts.

LM is making a hotfix and you can continue again.

Myself I use AS Schiphol and AS Faro and can make this almost 3 hour flight without VAS issues.

A little flickering at Faro at one place from a certain distance, for the rest no issues.

Lucky me, I am enjoying the current v3.3...

And with the hotfix it will even be better.

So have a cold drink and let LM do the work for us ..

Sorry I looked as I was frustrated, but not really, I was lucky enough of not upgrading to v3.3 (yet). What surprised me is all the noise created and the - in some way - interruption on the way forward of P3D after v3.0 (seems to me). But now that LM released the hotfix today let's see how it comes!. Good luck and thanks for posting!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

What he said. ie. I am agreeing with the poster I quoted and the specific language.

Cheers!

Luke

...gotcha....NEVERRRMINNNND...

C

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2