Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Why Is Win10 Blocking Install?

Trying to install the MD-11 for FSX off my disk, but Windows 10 which seems to think it knows better, blocks the Setup.exe with a flag that 'the administrator(me)has blocked access to the Setup.exe', which is a bit odd as well as maddening. How can a setup on a disk be suspicious in comparison to a downloaded file?

Any clues anyone, or is this a case of Microsoft Windows 10 gone mad?

MD-11Block.jpg

Any clues anyone, or is this a case of Microsoft Windows 10 gone mad?

Click "More Info" and "install anyway."

Be careful, though. Hardware and OSs are quickly getting well beyond the code of the MD-11, which can cause issues with the sim.

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah, time for an update... *hint* *hint*

:P

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thanks, Kyle, for that.

Sadly, it'd not install in FSX-SE. Pity. Ah, well......................back to the drawing board. Maybe one day a developer will take this lovely aircraft on. :sad: :sad:

Rick,

You need to run the command prompt as an administrator. From the search menu type 'cmd' then right click the Command Prompt and run it as administrator. cd to the appropriate directory and run the setup program. I hope it works, the MD-11 is a great airliner.

Jonathan Bee

Rick,

You need to run the command prompt as an administrator. From the search menu type 'cmd' then right click the Command Prompt and run it as administrator. cd to the appropriate directory and run the setup program. I hope it works, the MD-11 is a great airliner.

Jonathan Bee

Jonathan

Thanks for that piece of advice, but that is precisely what I did do, right-click 'Run as an administrator', and that is precise Windows 10 block I got.

I'm seeing this as well. Looks like a certificate expiring thing (Thawte). I can fly it, but the load manager is coming up blocked.

For the load manager specifically you have to get your DOS brain cells working and run it from CMD (Admin)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Managed to get it installed, but after loading the default Trike in FSX-SE, clicking on any House Colors MD-11 variant, promptly crashed the sim. Something to do with a gauges\PMDG_ MD11_ ACS.DLL faulting module. At that stage, I quit.