Sign in to follow this  
troyboy66

PMDG 747 v.2 Request

Robert,

If there is one thing that I can request upon the release of the upcoming 747, and that is to have all of the liveries available in the installation package rather than just through PMDG Operation Center. I ask this because I have been unable to install any liveries through the OC in a very long time. It did not matter if I reinstall FSX, PMDG products or reinstall windows, the same thing continued to happen and I know that others are experiencing the same problem as well.  I have already gone through your troubleshooting team, and they are great and have done a good job looking for solutions but unfortunately have reached dead end. So as a consumer of PMDG products, I would really appreciate if you would make this happen so I can continue to enjoy your awesome products as I have for many years. Thank you

Troy

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

By doing this the download size of the 747v2 will make you download a few days. Just imagine how many 747 operators there are, and then multiply this number with the file size of each livery(just one Repaint of the smaller T7 has at least 11 mb!).

By the way, Do you run the OC with administrator privileges?

Greetings, Phil Tereny

By doing this the download size of the 747v2 will make you download a few days. Just imagine how many 747 operators there are, and then multiply this number with the file size of each livery(just one Repaint of the smaller T7 has at least 11 mb!).

By the way, Do you run the OC with administrator privileges?

Greetings, Phil Tereny

I understand this but I have been battling with OC since it was released...Yes I install and run everything on my PC as Admin. T hanks

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Mmm problem is most ppl have no issues with the op centre.

Unlikely to agree to this due to 1 request.

What problems are you having with liveries?

Oh and the 747 is V3 !

What problems are you having with liveries?

There aren't any for the T7. The last time I saw them was the initial release of the T7. They disappeared after the first OC update and haven't been seen since. Like I said, I have already worked wiPMDG support and they could not resolve

Oh and the 747 is V3 !
Thank you for that clarification

Troy Kemp

or reinstall windows

Did you actually reinstall the entire OS? Reviewing all of the tickets, it seems like you have some very odd stuff going on with your computer in general to be honest.

Kyle Rodgers

Did you actually reinstall the entire OS? Reviewing all of the tickets, it seems like you have some very odd stuff going on with your computer in general to be honest.

Yup! I installed the entire OS....I think back in November or December. FSX was the first software I installed after with all updates etc. I then installed whatever was the latest PMDG T7 package at that time from my PMDG account and still did not get any liveries option

Troy Kemp

Yup! I installed the entire OS....I think back in November or December. FSX was the first software I installed after with all updates etc. I then installed whatever was the latest PMDG T7 package at that time from my PMDG account and still did not get any liveries option

...and to be clear, you're selecting the aircraft you're intending to download liveries for? The livery downloader/manager will not appear until you tell the OC which aircraft you want to download for.

Kyle Rodgers

...and to be clear, you're selecting the aircraft you're intending to download liveries for? The livery downloader/manager will not appear until you tell the OC which aircraft you want to download for.

Yes I am

This is what I see: http://s33.postimg.org/wb30glrtb/PMDG_OC.jpg

Troy Kemp

Ahhhhh...completely different road from the one we took in support, I think.

Try going here and downloading one of our DC-6 liveries (just as a test):

http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/liveries.html

I'm sorry, what am I suppose to do with a DC livery once downloaded? I am running FSX box on Win7 64bit.....It has downloaded by the way

Troy Kemp

It has downloaded by the way

That's all I needed. You can delete the file that downloaded. The OC reaches out to the same server to get the list of liveries.

Go into IE.

Click on the Gear Icon (usually top right).

Click on the Advanced Tab and scroll down in the Settings window until you find "Use TLS #.#" (where #.# is 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2).

Are any of these options unchecked?

Kyle Rodgers

That's all I needed. You can delete the file that downloaded. The OC reaches out to the same server to get the list of liveries.

Go into IE.

Click on the Gear Icon (usually top right).

Click on the Advanced Tab and scroll down in the Settings window until you find "Use TLS #.#" (where #.# is 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2).

Are any of these options unchecked?

Yes!  Both 1.1 and 1.2 are unchecked.

Troy Kemp

Yes!  Both 1.1 and 1.2 are unchecked.

Check both. Click OK until the windows are gone, and then try to run the OC.

Kyle Rodgers

Check both. Click OK until the windows are gone, and then try to run the OC.

Unfortunately, No change

Troy Kemp