Sign in to follow this  
troyboy66

PMDG 747 v.2 Request

Unfortunately, No change

The only other thing I could guess would be a firewall issue (unless you didn't try a restart after making the changes in IE). That picture definitely clearly shows that it's not able to reach the server to download the list. It's using TLS, though, so I can't think of a reason the firewall would cut it off. Definitely a config issue of some sort, though.

Kyle Rodgers

The only other thing I could guess would be a firewall issue (unless you didn't try a restart after making the changes in IE). That picture definitely clearly shows that it's not able to reach the server to download the list. It's using TLS, though, so I can't think of a reason the firewall would cut it off. Definitely a config issue of some sort, though.

Well I'll look around and see what I can find. Thanks for your help. Will let you know if anything comes up.

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Ahhhhh...completely different road from the one we took in support, I think.

Try going here and downloading one of our DC-6 liveries (just as a test):

http://precisionmanuals.com/pages/downloads/liveries.html

Kyle, I have just done that test, and yes I can download a DC-6 livery, but I still of not have an OC working correctly. I still only have the option to make a purchase, no Livery Manager, etc. I am fully aware that you initially picked up the Support Ticket which Ryan has now picked up and I have submitted a Support Package too. And am still awaiting a resolution, but chipped in here as it is related to Troy's thread.

By doing this the download size of the 747v2 will make you download a few days. Just imagine how many 747 operators there are, and then multiply this number with the file size of each livery(just one Repaint of the smaller T7 has at least 11 mb!).

By the way, Do you run the OC with administrator privileges?

Greetings, Phil Tereny

This might be because of your download rate?  I install all the liveries and it doesn't really take that long.  I think in my last re-install (was a while ago I must admit) I just downloaded all liveries for all 737 and 777 variants for P3D in a matter of about 20 minutes or so.  To be honest most of the time was spent clicking on every single one to install individually.  Which leads me on to.....

If I might make a request that's along the lines of the OP and I would hope very simply to implement, could we have a button for "download all" in the OC for liveries for an aircraft?  I never bother differentiating between liveries on install and have plenty of capacity so I quite like the choice I get at the end.

Cheers

Craig Read

Craig Read, EGLL

I'd second that :)

This might be because of your download rate?  I install all the liveries and it doesn't really take that long.  I think in my last re-install (was a while ago I must admit) I just downloaded all liveries for all 737 and 777 variants for P3D in a matter of about 20 minutes or so.  To be honest most of the time was spent clicking on every single one to install individually.  Which leads me on to.....

If I might make a request that's along the lines of the OP and I would hope very simply to implement, could we have a button for "download all" in the OC for liveries for an aircraft?  I never bother differentiating between liveries on install and have plenty of capacity so I quite like the choice I get at the end.

Cheers

Craig Read

Kyle, I have just done that test, and yes I can download a DC-6 livery, but I still of not have an OC working correctly. I still only have the option to make a purchase, no Livery Manager, etc. I am fully aware that you initially picked up the Support Ticket which Ryan has now picked up and I have submitted a Support Package too. And am still awaiting a resolution, but chipped in here as it is related to Troy's thread.

The reason I didn't have you try to download a file off of our AWS server was because your symptoms are quite different. From what I recall, your issue is more of a registry issue local to your machine - the OC cannot see your installed aircraft to install the liveries. Troy's is more that there is a disconnect between his computer and our server - the OC cannot see the list of liveries on the server (thus why I asked him to download via an alternate method from the same server farm - proves that the computer can theoretically access said server). It might be related in the fact that both are issues affecting the OC, but apart from that, they're vastly different.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, in another similar thread, Dan Downs came up with a suggestion. I tried it, and Bingo!, OC fully restored. All working now as it should.

Kyle, in another similar thread, Dan Downs came up with a suggestion. I tried it, and Bingo!, OC fully restored. All working now as it should.

Nice! What did it end up being?

Kyle Rodgers

I have OC livery issues and open tickets too. What fixed things for you?

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have OC livery issues and open tickets too. What fixed things for you

Easy  search  came  up  with this   post 5

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489937-problem-with-installing-737-liveries/#entry3435466

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nice! What did it end up being?

I have OC livery issues and open tickets too. What fixed things for you?

Dan had suggested as his first course of advice opening the OC.exe{(Program Files(x86)} and running it as Admin.Did that, did not work. Additionally,as a tail-piece, Dan had also suggested re-running the NGX and T7 Base installers. Did that, and voila! OC back for both. And it was already at the latest Updated state. Now I can add liveries as and when.

Hope this helps.

No such thing as an easy search on Avsim. :wink:

As it happens admin rights is not the cause of my problem so I guess I'll have to hope PMDG find a solution to clear my tickets eventually.

Same here. Still did not resolve anything!

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Yup! I installed the entire OS....I think back in November or December. FSX was the first software I installed after with all updates etc. I then installed whatever was the latest PMDG T7 package at that time from my PMDG account and still did not get any liveries option

Hi, Troy,

This is a long shot, but just to cover all bases, do you have the latest version, which came out in early January?  It is version 1.10.7025 for the 200LR/F and 300ER.  I think a newer installed would also install a newer Op Center.

Also, have you tried downloading third party repaints from Avsim?  There are quite a few.  Most of them use the ptp file format, so it would be useful to know if they install OK. 

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Dan had suggested as his first course of advice opening the OC.exe{(Program Files(x86)} and running it as Admin.Did that, did not work. Additionally,as a tail-piece, Dan had also suggested re-running the NGX and T7 Base installers. Did that, and voila! OC back for both. And it was already at the latest Updated state. Now I can add liveries as and when.

That's  what I had pointed  out  to kevin but  he  apparently  he  said  he  tried  it  and  didn't  work

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg