Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Fifty North Modifications

Guest Binkles

I know that this uses the default flight dynamics, which a lot of people have said is pretty crap as a flight dynamics, but what are other people using as a flight dynamic?I've got a panel working, but would like a more realistic (not that I would know, but someone else would) flight dynamics.I'm not sure if you can just copy them from somewhere else (aka dreamfleet FDE) or anyone elses.Any help on what you've done to improve your 50N would be greatly appreciated.

I've been slowly working on modified dynamics for them. Nothing too major, but I've got all three variants at appropriate weights and engine thrust. I've also redone the fuel capacity to icrease it to max available, which can make for some nice reductions in available payload on longer routes. Not sure how much more, if anything else at all, I am going to change. Like I said, the changes haven't been too major, but it gets them flying a bit different.Once I decide I am done I will run it by the guys at 50North, but they will probably be uploaded here to Avsim eventually.Nick

Guest Ashleigh Davidson

Excellent Nick, Look forword to seeing this and a few european repaints....! I dont have many if any complaints. 50North have created a superb range for very little cost. If they read this..please adjust the texture mapping to enable engine strakes to be painted !Ash

Yea, all three models use the same aircraft.cfg, which is exactly like the default 737-400 with the excetion of the ATC and UI data. While I know this was beat to death in this forum a few months ago, I'm suprised the review didn't mention it. There is a big difference in my book between "inaccurate flight dynamics" and exacly the same as default. Having said that, I still think the $15 is well spent for three great visual models. Along with them, the gazillion liveries, panels, and sound sets here in the library I have come up with a pretty good set up. I'll use this as an excuse to try my hand at tweaking the cfg file. I would still like to see if someone smarter than I came up with anything better, since I wouldn't know an accuate 737-3/4/5 flight dynamic if it fell on my head. :)[p class=dcmessage] BradKELP/KBIF http://home.elp.rr.com/bmbanister/BannerSig_BMBanister.jpgAMD Athlon XP 2600, Asus A7V600, 1GB PC3200, NVidia GeForce 6800, SB Audigy2

Guest ThrottleUp

What about using the flight dynamic files from one of the freeware 737-3/4/500s out there? I would think they are more accurate than the default one?

You would think so, but none of the weights, passenger loads, ref speeds, etc match anything I've found on the web. Having said that, I'm taking pieces of the FFX, Kittyhawk, and info from airliners.net and making something myself. I'm sure it isn't near perfect, but its good enough for me and the quest is part of the fun. :)[p class=dcmessage] BradKELP/KBIF http://home.elp.rr.com/bmbanister/BannerSig_BMBanister.jpgAMD Athlon XP 2600, Asus A7V600, 1GB PC3200, NVidia GeForce 6800, SB Audigy2