Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Prepar3D v.3 and SLI

Hi,

I considering buying a second GTX 970 for my rig. Will the benefit be of any significance, or? 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I have two 980 and I turned off SLI in Nvidia control panel because it is of little value and with the fps locked creates stutters.

Well that's disappointing, to say it at least.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi,

I considering buying a second GTX 970 for my rig. Will the benefit be of any significance, or? 

I am using 2 GTX970´s and unlimited FPS . Takes advantages like the new KMEM by FSDT and when you crank up shadows ,AA and dynamic reflections,

Using always SLI when GA and single card when using tubes like the NGX (because of undocked panels,CDU etc)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

No problems here with SLI and it works great. I activated the visual SLI usage an the difference is big (Not FPS wise though). So, SLI really makes the difference in p3d yes.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I've been using 970's in SLI for a long time. No increase in fps (none expected really) but noticed that cards using less power, smoother operation and under extreme conditions, it takes longer for them to max out, which results in lost fps.

So, I'd say go for it.

There are many who have not had good luck with SLI - have no idea why but from what I've seen, most who use it in P3D like it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hello guys,

I changed a setup from SLI 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Gaming WindForce 3 4 GB to GTX 1080 Founder Edition and i want to say that it is worth all money. I have all sliders to max and it is a real pleasure to fly.  I try with Cessna 182 (+GTN 750) from A2A and 777 from PMDG in combination with ORBX Base, Vector and LC. 

Have nice weekend to all

Banner_MJC9.png

Today is the most beautiful day of my life...