Sign in to follow this  
Vantskruv

Propeller reverse and mixture control.

That is an unnecessary and awkward solution. Actually, when I think about it. Why implement a check for throttle axis value, when you still need to flip the pitch reverse lever? It feels like belt and suspenders. Not necessary in this case.

I too was not able to reverse the lever almost always, due perhaps to the very little threshold of the throttles idle,  with the Logitech G940

Marco Scuto

Why implement a check for throttle axis value, when you still need to flip the pitch reverse lever?

Because the throttles need to be at idle before you kick it into reverse. Why implement a check on a number of realistic things? People criticize the start procedure for being too realistic, but reverse is too realistic?

Kyle Rodgers

Right. It's clear that it depends to the lack of precision of the hardware, whatever it is. If we need to calibrate the throttles every time something seems running badly. We need more realism as possible. It's our goal and a check like that should be fine. But I don't know what to do in .Lua language...

It's doable with FlyWithLua and a custom lua script that will intercept the throttle axis raw position and amend it with an offset. I'm using a similar approach to smoothen the values of my rather noisy throttle quadrants.

tarakanbg, dou you think that this file could be shared with the community? And, do you think it should work properly with all the hardware?

Because the throttles need to be at idle before you kick it into reverse. Why implement a check on a number of realistic things? People criticize the start procedure for being too realistic, but reverse is too realistic?

You misunderstand me, as I am not complaining about the realistic part ( I want it as realistic as possible). What I am doing is asking a question. To be more clear then, I rephrase the question, as I confess the question was too deep for people to understand.

Is the pitch reverse handle physical locked in the real airplane when throttle position is on the positive side?

Anyway, still the problem exist that your airplane does not detect a zero throttle position, making it impossible to control the pitch reverse handle. The threshold for approving to move the handle is too strict. PC joystick imperfection must be taken in to account.

your airplane does not detect a zero throttle position

Correction: your computer is not detecting a zero throttle position. This is not an issue on my computer, and from the looks of the forum here, most others as well. Hardware has error in it that will cause the sim (and therefore the DC-6) to see a positive indication. It is up to you to ensure that this error is nulled out.

PC joystick imperfection must be taken in to account.

Again: this is what null zones are for. If you cannot set this in XPL, set it using the software provided by the hardware manufacturer.

Kyle Rodgers

[...]

Is the pitch reverse handle physical locked in the real airplane when throttle position is on the positive side?

[...]

From POH page 175: "Reversing the propeller on the ground is accomplished by pulling the throttles

aft past the center, or closed, position, which can be felt as a definite stop. At this
point, a cam-actuated switch on the forward face of the control pedestal closes
to energize the propeller reversing circuit."
So I'd say yes, the real one does check if throttles are at idle.

I admit that, eventually, I'd like to use the reverse lever... But... Neither with the hardware, as I wrote, nor without them I can do it. I mean that if I try to slip the red bar  even without connect the hardware, I can't. I accurately adjust with the mouse the throttles in idle (and the prop), the 4 amber lights light up, then I persist on the red bar but nothing. It's steady. It proudly holds its position... But, if it suddenly moves and retracts (and I didn't see why, what does it change...), after that it's impossible to push it forward again...

I don't understand why. Please, could anyone help me to solve this mystery? Am I the only one with this issue (as Vantskruv, at least, recalibrating the imput axes do succed)?

Marco Scuto

I don't understand why. Please, could anyone help me to solve this mystery? Am I the only one with this issue (as Vantskruv, at least, recalibrating the imput axes do succed)?

Single click it instead of clicking and dragging. You could also set a key command to change it using the commands we've provided.

Throttles must be at idle first in order to change from positive to negative pitch, and vice versa.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you Kyle,

Yes I did it, throttles at idle, even waiting for the lowest MAP, then a shy click, so a determined click, drag, punchs, hammer...  but nothing. Maybe I shall reinstall it.

Marco Scuto

Maybe I shall reinstall it.

Not gonna help. I can nearly guarantee that. Reinstalls rarely ever fix anything, despite what people will claim.

Full names in the forum please - first and last - in each post.

Kyle Rodgers

I see. Well, I have no idea of what can help (other settings, other instruments to check and so on...),

There's something wrong with my pc that does not allow that red bar moving at all. A common case of idiosincrasy to red bars :)

Marco Scuto

The DC6 is amazing, the beauty, the great feeling, the accurate systems, the perfect model and texturization of this masterpiece gives you the authentic impression like no other. But I beg you to go over the reverse threshold in the future... (if the threshold is the real issue...). After a lot of tries I realized that with my configuration it's impossible to use the native PMDG reverse system. I'm forced to use the default XP reverse if I want to stop during a short landing. And it's like to land with a turboprop, totally wrong, I know...

So, if in the corner of your far intentions, there is a chance to go over this feature (andI know that it's perfect for almost all the poeple), please, do it. Even with the software provided by the producer, I was not able to solve the sensibilty and the null zone of my G940 enough to satisfy the reverse red bar demands, no matter how many tries I did,it randomly works, but it's totally unpredictable. I set the levers with a keyboard key, with a button, with the mouse... nothing. 

Marco Scuto

I set the levers with a keyboard key, with a button, with the mouse... nothing. 

Then there's an issue somewhere on your system. Not sure how we can fix that for you.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you, I'll investigate more about hardware, I think the problem is in G940 L.

That is, I set keyboard keys and mouse touch with hardware connected, because it does not make sense for me don't use it, But I'll see what if I don't.

Marco Scuto