Sign in to follow this  
Lord_Nibbo

Removing AI Default flight plans?

I want to remove the fictitious AI flights of the default Boeing 737-800 of Orbit / Pacifica / World Travel. I've searched the AI plans in FSX/scenery/World file but cannot find any BGL references to these three fictitious airlines. Does FSX store them somewhere else?

I found three bgl's that have possibilities first on trafficAircraft.bgl second one TrafficAircraft._bgl note the underscore before the bgl. last one it might be is ai-traffic.bgl does anyone know for sure?

trafficAircraft.bgl is the file.

You can remove select aircraft liveries using AIFP: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=AIFP. Download the General Release.  There may also be a development release that is an update. FIrst unpack the General Release download, then optionally unpack the development release files and copy the files into the AIFP general release folder.

Make a backup copy of the original file and change the file extension to ".bgl.off" or something like that so FSX doesn't load it.

Open trafficAircraft.bgl in AIFP (File menu). On the right is the Aircraft List. Hover over the 737 paints to see the associated airline in the tooltip popup, when you see one you want to remove right-click, Delete, click OK and say Yes to deleting associated flight plans. Once you're done removing Airlines click Compile. Ignore the warnings or see the AIFP manual on how to correct.

I prefer to work with a copy of the bgl file in a separate folder from the FSX folder, then change the filenames of the edited bgl's and copy them back to the FSX folder. You can also put them into a separate Scenery library folder if you like. This makes it easy to enable/disable via the scenery library or a separate addon such as Scenery Config Editor.

Barry Friedman

If you don't have or want to use AIFP, you could also edit the aircraft titles in the Aircraft.cfg's for the default B738, CRJ700 and A321 etc. Change each title to something else and they won't show up in the traffic.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Dave's suggestion is good too, just keep in mind if you fly missions, then the mission might stop working if it calls on an aircraft you renamed.

Barry Friedman

Good point Barry. I haven't flown a mission in many years, I didn't think about that part.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS