Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

4k with game menu and text scaling issue

So loving my 4k monitor BUT everything is hard to read now since the pulldown menus and popup line text are so tiny.

Is there any way to improve on this?

This FSX btw. Not sure if other sims suffer the same.

I hate it too but live with it in P3d. They did fix it with Steve's DX10 Fixer with a option to size it for 4K.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I wonder if Windows 'Ease of Access' would work? Might have to try that when I get a free moment.

Have you tried to increase the scaling and check the dpi box of the .exe under properties?

Hans

The general sizes of items, text, apps, menus, can be increased with the Windows Display Settings, Customise. Try 125%.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I seem to remember DPI scaling causing problems in FSX. I can't say exactly what the issue was but I ended up having to turn it back off.

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought that the Alt dropdown menu in FSX is hard-coded so you're stuck with the small/very small text size as you increase screen resolution.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

The general sizes of items, text, apps, menus, can be increased with the Windows Display Settings, Customise. Try 125%.

I have this at 200% within Windows but it does not work in FSX. Win10 automatically checks the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" checkbox each time I start FSX.

I wonder if Windows 'Ease of Access' would work? Might have to try that when I get a free moment.

This does work as long as I'm in windowed FSX. I have Magnify.exe bound to a key on my keyboard to start the magnified feature then can quickly turn it off with Winkey+Esc.

Even the advanced size settings are ignored by FSX, seems immune to any changes.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Increasing scaling beyond default can cause unwanted side-effects for example, the menu bar in P3D can become corrupted and almost unreadable when you do this.  Tested (and fixed) on Windows 10 by yours truly earlier today.  Try leaving scaling at default and just increase the zoom in your browser (control +) rather than blowing up the UI elements globally, many of which do not use vector graphics and were not designed for this.  For too small gauges and the like in-cockpit, control backspace to shift your eyepoint forward (P3D).