Sign in to follow this  
geobas

acceleration issue

l have installed fsx acceleration over fsx , and installation completed succesfully . Both FSX and Accel were activated normally without any problem .
If l remember correctly when l had the Accel installed a couple of years back , there was a set of options in the manu/Addon .
Now there is NOTHING refering to Acceleration . What am l missing ?

Thanks for feedback

You will not have an Addon menu until you install some Addons. Maybe you had FSUIPC installed before?

Barry Friedman

Thanks . Yes FSUIPC was installed before . Do l have to re-install ?

l deleted FSUIPC from the FSX modules folder and re-installed BUT l see no changes . Nothing in the Addons Menu , except FSUIPC and Instant scenery .

What now pls ?

Sorry I think I misunderstood your original question. I don't know of any "Acceleration" entries that appear in the Addons menu.

In the same folder as FSX.cfg is a file called dll.xml, which controls which addons gets loaded. You might check there if you think something's missing. Some information about this file is here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a92/dll_xml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

Barry Friedman

l had the Acceleration installed , sometime back , and l remember that the options for starting/placing a carrier were from the Addons menu .

With regards dll.xml file , it's rather hard or impossible to add acceleration be cause you have to have the path of whatever one wants to add , and there no such thing for Acceleration.

Dead end ? or it's a matter of installing sequence ?

Seems l remembered half of the story ......... but one of these days l must tidy my files and folders with FSX addons and things

Yes it's  aicarriers2 that adds AI ships (and carriers) handling in Addons Menu . 

Still have it though  ... landing(!) and take off from moving carriers 

Thank you a lot for making my day .