Sign in to follow this  
hlender

Upgrading from V2 Beta 2.0.1.0 to V2 Beta 2.0.1.2

Hi Dave;

First of all let me apologize for the question if the answer to is right before my eyes and I missed it.

With that said. I bought and downloaded Beta Version 2000 several months ago. Everything working fine.

Doing the updates with no problems.

Now I notice that there is a Beta Version 2.0.1.2. I have your emails on what to do like renaming the original folder to 

Pilot2ATC_20032 per your email which I have done.

Now I see there is a "Download V2  Beta v 2.0.12" and a "Download Version 2.0.1.2 Update".

I don't want to mess things up. How do I handle this. I am at a standstill right now.

I have your email with the new License Key. Do I create a new folder for Download V2  Beta v 2.0.12? And then Install "Download V2  Beta v 2.0.12" into the new folder?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again

Harry

Harry,

Thanks for the question.

The license key sent in the most recent email will only work with v2.0.1.2, the one currently available on the web site.

If you renamed the old version 2 folder and are installing to a new folder, then you must install the full version. Use  the "Dowlnoad V2 Beta v 2.0.1.2" button.

If you are installing to the existing folder, you can install just the update.  Use the "Download Version 2.0.1.2 Update" button.

The reason is that the full product is the only one that contains the databases and a few other files needed to run the program.

Either way, the new key will work with the v2.0.1.2.

Thanks again,

Dave

Hi Dave

I clicked the update button and let it do it's thing. I opened the program and applied the new key and it opened with a warning. I will have type it out because I didn't see anyway to attach the picture I took. Is this anything I have to be concerned about?

Sorry

Harry

"Unable to initialize Database

The underlying provider failed on Open.

An attempt to attach an auto-named database for the

C:\Pilot2ATC_200\Data\P2ADynamicData.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share."

Had the same problem.Just run the full program not the update and use the key and all should be good.That is how I sorted my problem out.

Hope that this helps

Had the same problem.Just run the full program not the update and use the key and all should be good.That is how I sorted my problem out.

Hope that this helps

Norman

Thanks for your reply. That seemed to do the trick. All files seem to be in their proper location. Program launched okey. Hopefully when I fly that will go ok also. Thanks again for the help.

Harry