Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

FlightSimCon 2016

Saw it firsthand was standing right there ;p

Saw it firsthand was standing right there ;p

Anything interesting in the XPlane camp ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

New stuff in store for x-plane in the area of sound and ambient lighting and shadows. There will be many improvements of what is displayed on the screen in terms of what the eye perceives/sees- shadows, reflections. This will be built into the sim engine itself to have an effect on the global environment. 

There's also a new sound rendering engine that is vere a2a like in that there seems to be an "intelligence"- the sim knows when the door is open, the strength/speed of gyros, starter speed, doppler sound effects. The demo was very impressive.  

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

New stuff in store for x-plane in the area of sound and ambient lighting and shadows. There will be many improvements of what is displayed on the screen in terms of what the eye perceives/sees- shadows, reflections. This will be built into the sim engine itself to have an effect on the global environment. 

There's also a new sound rendering engine that is vere a2a like in that there seems to be an "intelligence"- the sim knows when the door is open, the strength/speed of gyros, starter speed, doppler sound effects. The demo was very impressive.  

Awesome ! Thanks for the info ! Are these features going to be a part of 10.50 or some future update ?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

The demo was very impressive.  

Superb, I hope a video is released at some point.

I went today, got a chance to try out oculus rift and played around with AS2016 for quite some time, and I liked it a lot, the in cloud effects are great and the overcast is very well done, I was also impressed with the new REX product but I did not get hands on time with that one. Dovetail did a presentation but no details on the new full sim.

A2A was showing some lighter non accusim jets ( saw Scott flying the talon for awhile) that looked like a lot of fun, interested to see if they release them.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

And no word about the messiah of flightsims DTGFS ?

And no word about the messiah of flightsims DTGFS ?

LOL! I can feel the sarcasm positively dripping from that comment :P

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png